Google Photos flags father's pictures of son as CSAM, starts police investigation

I believe a large part of the “problem” is puritanical views about sex. North America is bad for that. I ran across this article on Quora and paste it here. I think if children were taught properly from a young age that less creeps would be “born”.

"If that shocks you, here’s something that will blow your mind.

In the Red Light District, Oudekerksplein opposite De Oude Kerk there’s a kindergarten right in the middle of a row of windows containing working women.

It literally goes, window, window, window, radio station, window, nursery, window, window.

It caters for children up to age 4 and is open from 7.30am to 6.30pm so, as you can imagine, the children see prostitutes in their windows every day.[1]

You see, the Netherlands has a healthy view towards sex and sex education. Sex isn’t stigmatized or regarded as sinful or dirty. Hiding it and pretending it doesn’t exist only makes it more stigmatized and shameful.

In the Netherlands, sex education is mandatory and begins at age 4. Obviously, it’s age appropriate and introduced in stages as the child grows up but by their teenage years their sex education has progressed to focus on having positive relationships, negotiating with partners, and using contraception.

As a result, Dutch youth have the lowest teen pregnancy rates in Europe.[2]

In the USA the teenage pregnancy rate is 53 per 1,000. Ironically, the more conservative areas show the highest incidences of teen pregnancies (ages 15–19).[3]

Compare this with the Netherlands with only 5 per 1,000.[4]

Putting this clearly, thats a 960% increase simply because they don’t teach sex education effectively (or at all).

Footnotes

[1] The nursery in Amsterdam’s red light district

[2] Sex Education in the Netherlands

[3] Teenage pregnancy in the United States - Wikipedia

[4] Prevalence of teenage pregnancy - Wikipedia
"

1 Like

Speaking of creeps, you just posted an off-topic essay about how it’s healthy to expose children to sex workers. Not sure if that’s how you meant it to come across, but there it is. You and the guy who wants to criminally punish parents for taking pictures of their own children should have a debate.

Yeah we can just close this thread now. Mistake.

1 Like

Closed per OP request. @COGlory let me know if you want to continue the discussion.