Good RSS Feeder for Youtube?

Greetings everyone,

for about 5 years, I’m using a RSS feeder for a good filtered Youtube notifier.
Since the last big update (about 1 year ago?) Youtube shrinked the RSS support greatly and my Chrome RSS feeder extension doesn’t work for new channels.
For example, I can track the feed of the Level1Tech channel, because it was created back in the good ol’ days. But I can’t track the Level1Linux because it’s newer.

Can anyone suggest me some good RSS feeder, that still work with the new Youtube system? In best case already tested and not some tutorial, showing that it can work in theory. Didn’t work for me so far.

It can be a chrome extension or a stand alone software for Windows. Both is welcome :slight_smile:

There is a feed for Level1Linux. See also this thread:

Ah that’s right, thanks for pointing that out!

Still, for general purpose it would be interesting, if there is a way to get a working RSS feeder with Youtube.
So I can track other channels as well, that are newly created.

EDIT: ah never mind… I think there was something about just changing up the id in the feed url.
I’ll have to try it at home again. Perhaps it’s really just the extension I’m using having problems with it.

Sure.

I’ve never noticed a channel without feed though, can you give me an example?

I just tested it with Feedreader and it works just fine.
Thank you! As it seems it was only the chrome extension having trouble :slight_smile:

Should you decide to venture into Linux territory, the youtube-dl command line tool is extremely powerful.

I don’t see any reason you couldn’t run that in the Linux subsystem that’s available for windows, and have a cron event that checks every 15 minutes for videos and alerts you if there’s anything new.

1 Like