Good quality affordable IP cameras?

Title kinda says it all. I’m looking for recomendations on IP cameras that preferably won’t end up as part of a botnet. I don’t need fancy cloud management or monitoring software.

Ideally I’d want to be able to capture and restream with something like FFMPEG.
anyone on the forum have experience with this?
Let me know if wrong category.

I mean where are you placing them? Do you have more then a basic home aio router? What do you consider affordable for 1 camera? What features do you want PTZ etc?

For the price Pi + Camera can be a decent option if you are super strapped for money.

I enjoy Reolink cameras. They all respond to my Xeoma software.

I can give you a brand to avoid that I have personal experience with. SV3C, stay clear.

Edit: After thought. Build quality is alright on SV3C. I have 4 of them on the outside of my house 2 are in direct elements and are fine. The dome camera’s IR arrary burned out in like 2 months. But they have been running 24/7 for a year and a half now. No problems.
The reason I say to stay clear: They attempt to phone home, but I think you will be hard pressed to find a affordable IP camera that doesn’t. The main reason though is they also have this management software, Its very hard to find. Also very hard to use unless you can read Chinese. But it has a direct backdoor to their cameras. Username and Passwords show up as plain text in it.

Maybe they are more money here but he pi+ camera route would be about 90$ and then I’d still need an enclosure.

Is this the reolink type camera you were talking about @pcwolf

as long as you have a spare computer that you can add 2 network interfaces to its ussualy best to just make a second dedicated network for your cameras with no internet access or way out. pretty much the only sure fire way the back doors on them cant be used and that they cant be added to a bot net. im using generic ones from aliexpress that were 30 dollars each and they support rtsp