Good NES games?

Just received my NES from ebay yesterday. It came with two crappy games, and I want some good ones besides the obvious. I am going to Jamies flee market soon, and would like to know what hidden gems to look out for! Thanks!

Faxanadu. Not really a hidden gem but fun and challenging nonetheless.

1 Like

Final Fantasy III!

Double Dragon II

OH GAWD

I'm the local Retro nut

these are only the games that I have both played and HIGHLY recommend, there are tons more on my list to play that look fun if you'd like

also you sorta half to be a bit of a masochist to get the "fun" out of some of the games

1 Like

zelda, megaman, bionic commando, little ninja brothers, contra, battletoads, bad dudes, ikari warriors, teenage mutant ninja turtles, maniac mansion

• Contra is my personal favorite when it comes to shooters on NES.
  • Kirby is surpisingly fun.
  • Battle Toads. If you can find it for cheap (good luck) haha. 
  • Duck Tales: a total classic, they actually just did a remake of it.
  • Mike Tyson Punch Out. 

Flee markets are awesome for nes game finds. If you can't find a game you really want, check out JJgames.com. Shipping is alittle much unless you get $50 worth, but you can find the games on there much much cheaper than on most other websites. I actually just got back into collecting for the system, I hit garage sales up weekly and actually found and repaired a NES for only a dollar a couple days ago :D

If you find that some games wont work or you get the blinking light it's really easy to take apart and fix!

Ninja Gaiden and Castlevania. These games helped define Nintendo Hard.

Here's a game that not a lot of people talk about for some reason. Check out Crystalis, so far I think that's my favorite game on the NES!!

you could just get them all lol?

Mega man 2, super mario bros and zelda.

Watch out for anything with a save battery in it as it is probably dead by now, like zelda2 and possibly one.  Of course if you own the cartridge you could play it in an emulator ;)

^^^ yep.

Bubble Bobble

Rampage

Or you can take it apart and replace the battery.

River city Ransom is one of my favourites.

3 Likes

Dragon Warrior 4 was rather awesome.
Joust <--- it will kick your ass.
Blaser Master
Kid Icarus
Ghosts and Goblins
Wizards and Warriors (1, 2 IronSword & 3)
StarTropics 1 kicked ass too.
Kung Fu
Gauntlet (will also kick your ass)
Xevious
Metal Gear 2: Snakes Revenge
Maniac Mansion (better on the PC, but that's ok)
Adventures of Lolo
Rygar (it's confusing at first, but it's great once you get the hang of what's going on..... and you stop dying)
RC-ProAM (racing game.. with RC cars)
Top Gun (shows how far we have come with Flight SIMS)
Swords and Serpents (RPG)
Legacy of the Wizard
Spy vs Spy
Rescue: The Embassy Mission
DeJa Vu

If you have a Zapper (and a TV that it still works on) Hogan's Alley

I've played every one of these games, some I have beaten several times, others still kick my ass.

1 Like

Elite and Mr Gimmick but you wont find them at a flea market...

necro btw

Troll Answer: Friday the 13th
Real Answer: Tecmo Super Bowl 2015 (or whatever the recent version is)

Batman for the Nes has to be one of my all time favourites :)