Good mp3 player and headpones to buy?

I'm going to buy new ones and need a few opinions, for mp3 i wanted to go with the COWON D2+, but iv checked everywhere and cant find any being sold, so im stuck with either the sansa fuze (the classic one because of it being smaller + scroll wheel) or the samsung YP-RO, they both have a screen but i don't really watch videos on the go, i just chose them cause they have more battery life than say the sansa clip+. So what i look for in order:

-Excellent audio quality

-Good format support including FLAC (which i use alot)

-Sd card expansion

-Good battery life

-Somewhat small, but not so important

-<$140

For headphones i think of the Sennheiser px 200 II, i listen to music alot while walking so i need passive isolation, maybe on/over ear are best for this? i'v heard of good in ear ones that block out alot of sound but i'm not sure if that's true, still im open to any good head/ear phones. I need:

-Great sound quality

-On ear or over ear but they must be portable so on ear is probably best.

-<$140

I'm not an audio expert so all suggestions are appreciated.

I love my sansa clip plus. http://www.sandisk.com/products/sansa-music-and-video-players/sandisk-sansa-clipplus-mp3-player . Durriable, long battery life, 15+ hours and an expansion slot good sound. I had a first gen sansa clip and I dunked mine in water, dropped it off roofs, covered it in glue, cement, used in the rain and charged it every day for 2 years before she died. I am now on my second and upgraded to the plus.

PantyHandler said:

I love my sansa clip plus. http://www.sandisk.com/products/sansa-music-and-video-players/sandisk-sansa-clipplus-mp3-player . Durriable, long battery life, 15+ hours and an expansion slot good sound. I had a first gen sansa clip and I dunked mine in water, dropped it off roofs, covered it in glue, cement, used in the rain and charged it every day for 2 years before she died. I am now on my second and upgraded to the plus.

Wow i knew the clip was good, nice to know it lasted long. My worries of getting the clip+ is that since i will be using FLAC files, its battery life will probably go down from 15, but i dont know how much.

Take a look at Archos, they have some awesome MP3 players.

No idea for good portable player.

But Koss Porta-pros are probably the best thing you could possibly get at that range.

For noise isolation you should really be considering IEMs. In your price range you should look at:

-Klipsch Image s4

-Klipsch Image Custom 3

-Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10

-Shure SE315-K

They are listed from least to most expensive.

Thanks guys, im investigating all of them right now.

can't go wrong with a zen zen x-fi2, i know there abit in the midle of the road but beings as there made by creative you know they have excellent sound quality i wouldn't say there the best but i love my zen moziac, the os is really slow tho but the sound quality is just amazing for such a tiny mp3 player.

as for headphones i'd recommend a set of t-bones (despite the fact there more designed for studio audio playback).

IrishMetalhead said:

can't go wrong with a zen zen x-fi2, i know there abit in the midle of the road but beings as there made by creative you know they have excellent sound quality i wouldn't say there the best but i love my zen moziac, the os is really slow tho but the sound quality is just amazing for such a tiny mp3 player.

as for headphones i'd recommend a set of t-bones (despite the fact there more designed for studio audio playback).

Oh i forgot about that one, up to 64gb o.o, its similar in price with the sansa fuze+, i wish there wasa a comparison u.u.

I want a nifty player like cowor or that sort, but hell, noone got much space like my ipod 80gb :/

I use AKG 518LE headphones. They're my best friends.

[img]http://www.djforums.com/forums/images/reviews/accesories/k518LE_001.jpg[/img]

GreenSLi said:

I want a nifty player like cowor or that sort, but hell, noone got much space like my ipod 80gb :/

I use AKG 518LE headphones. They're my best friends.

what about archos and zune? they both make mp3 players that go over the 80gb mark aswell but i get what you mean i tend to go for storage over sound quality myself (to an extent)

if only the high capacity players were cheaper.

Zune is quite limited here in norway, but i'd very much like a Zune HD.. But then again.. Space.. I hate sorting out what kind of music I want to listen to, instead of having it all on the player

Dunno about the MP3 Player as I have a iPhone but the small in ear SkullCandy's are supposed to be good. A friend of mine has the Titan Purple and Yellow ones, when you put them in you can't hear anything and they are really loud, the bass is also good on them as well.

Ronnieb555 said:

Dunno about the MP3 Player as I have a iPhone but the small in ear SkullCandy's are supposed to be good. A friend of mine has the Titan Purple and Yellow ones, when you put them in you can't hear anything and they are really loud, the bass is also good on them as well.

Whatever you do, do not get skull candy earbuds or skull candy anything for that matter.

Oh please god dont mention skullcandy.. it's a shame for the world of sound

AKIMbO said:

Whatever you do, do not get skull candy earbuds or skull candy anything for that matter.

My friends sounded good and they were only £13.99 so cheap and sound good.

Ronnieb555 said:

Mmmmhm, I cant stand their horrible build quality and sound (especially on the headphones),Havnt tried their earplugs

Ronnieb555 said:

For $10 more than the skullcandy you can buy Klipsch Image s2's which sound much better than skullcandy.

dont you dare get skullcandies haha. If you care about a non colored sound (as in mixing... creating music) youll need to spend just about all 140$ there, but at that point i'd just recommend over the ears. If you just want high sound quality on the other hand, klipsch S4, and Shure's SE line are your best bet. sennheiser makes great buds but they pack a bit too much bass.