Good Board Games

Hey guys I am looking for an interesting board game that I could purchase and then play with 4-3 of my friends. After the game I want to create the game in software. I just think it would be fun trying to convert a board game into a computer game. My requirements for the board game are, the creators are small enough they wont sue us even possibly take in our project and promote it along with their own product or we sell it to them or ect., the game is unique. If the game would also require a Dice with more than 5 sides that would be neat as well. I have never played a game that requires those more advanced dice.

I will also add something that doesn't already have a electronic version.

1 Like
  • Catan
  • Carcassone
  • Descent: Into the dark
  • Dark souls (the board game)
  • Android: netrunner
  • Space Hulk
  • Mage Knight Dungeons
  • Munchkin
  • DC Deckbuilding
  • Star Realms
  • Core Worlds
  • Shadowrun: Crossfire
  • Blood Bowl
  • Blood Bowl: Team Manager
  • BANG!
  • Dominion
  • Caligula
  • Space Station
  • Arkham Horror
  • Arkham Horror: the Card game
  • Pandemic
  • Egizia
  • Caylus
  • Bora Bora
  • Caverna
  • CopyCat
  • Thunderstone
  • Dungeon Run
  • Dixit
  • Dungeon Twister
  • Tomb
3 Likes

Some of those are too well known and already have electronic counter parts. I want something really esoteric.

expanded accordingly

1 Like

Make a proper Dungeons & Dragons AI dungeon master that works and I will play that game series to death.

I've played these and can confirm that they're awesome.
I would also add Citadels, Camel Up and Saboteur. Those were really fun.

edit: Forbidden Island is also really cool for co-op.

I understand that you'd like to program it yourself, but feel it's worth mentioning Tabletop Simulator in case you haven't already heard of it.

I think space station would be both the most easy and the most rewarding. (also, I'd love to play it on a phone or over the internet

We arnt making it so we can play it on a computer. We are making it for the sake of making it. Thats part of the fun.

1 Like

I looked at that one and it looks interesting. I will see if we can find it.

Republic of Rome
Junta
Village
Thunderstone
Dominion

RoR is the most complex.