Gigabyte X570 boards ecc ram support

Trying to build an X570 based system with a 3950X and ECC ram. Looking to get 32 X 4 of samsung ram M391A4G43MB1-CTD. I am deciding to order between ASUS WS Pro ACE and Gigabyte Pro X570 Wifi.

I am not able to find much about gigabyte ecc support on X570. Wondering if anyone here has a setup with Gigabyte X570 board and ECC ram working and validated that ECC correction works.

Thanks!

I have not seen any amd board not support ECC with appropriate cpu. I really wouldn’t worry worst case you exchange the board.

I have a shitty Gigabyte X570 UD running fine with ECC memory with a 2700x

Thank you for replying.
Were you able to validate ECC is correcting errors.
Are the ecc errors logged for your Motherboard.

A previous thread mentioned problems with Gigabyte on TRX40 platform and was wondering if it’s also a problem on X570.

I have not seen anyone complain about issues except that post that is all words no screenshots or anything. If your worried go through a vendor who will validate it for you.

I used memtest to validate, honestly it was quite some time ago pretty sure I ran the test for 24hrs honestly cant remember at this point tho.

I can confirm that at least single bit detection, correction and reporting is functional on Gigabyte trx40 aurus extreme with ryzen threadripper 3990x

Again I used the the needle method to short pin 2 and 5 and jack pot!

Multi bit confirmation I have not gotten around to as for that I’ll need the memory tuning method and on this board that is quite difficult with the settings I am using. It’s either no errors at all or no POST

x570 I havent tried, and I wont until one comes my way incidentally

EDIT:
Correction: I can confirm single bit detection, correction and reporting
and
multi bit detection and reporting
functional on asus prime x570 -p (Somehow I started remembering it as an x470 board

Thank you this gives me more confidence to order parts, given the wait times and difficulties sourcing them. I will post my findings hopefully in two weeks once my motherboard arrives.

can you tell which ram sticks are you running and at what frequency.

Many thanks!

Correction: I can confirm single bit detection, correction and reporting
and
multi bit detection and reporting
functional on asus prime x570 -p (Somehow I started remembering it as an x470 board)

Here no need to use the needle route. The mem tuning worked for both single and multi bit errors

FCLK freq = 1800 (default 1200)
trcdRD = 13 (i thought 17 was the default, not sure now)
trcdWR = 13 (i thought 17 was the default, not sure now)

Got any updates yet? I’m in a similar boat myself.

Have had bad past experiences with ASUS RMA and quality control so I’d like to avoid them if possible.

Any updates on this?

Are you talking about "Gigabyte trx40 aurus extreme with ryzen threadripper 3990x

" or " asus prime x570 -p" ?

Sorry I find this confusing.

At least for the Auros Master there are a few ECC memories in QVL list. I have run it with 2x16GB ECC and it worked. I am not sure if the actual error detection worked or not though :wink:

For posterity’s sake: I was able to connect the dots on this, and I’m creating a hyperlink: SOLVED - The usefulness of ECC (if we can't assess it's working)? | Page 4 | TrueNAS Community

2 Likes

@Mastakilla has confirmed single and multi bit detection, correction and reporting on Asrockrack x470d4u2-t using a ryzen 9 but I am not sure which model of ryzen. Although it is not being reported to the IPMI. Only to the OS

I have confirmed single and multi bit detection, correction and reporting on Asrockrack x470d4u with a ryzen 9 3950x and a ryzen 5 2600 (Although it is not being reported to the IPMI. Only to the OS)
and asus prime x570-p with a ryzen 9 3950x.

And I have confirmed only single bit detection, correction and reporting (not yet multi bit because I have not been trying anymore. I am assuming it is fully functional) on the Gigabyte trx40 aurus extreme ref 1.0 with a ryzen 3990x threadripper

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.