Gigabyte Vega 64 water cooling options?

Working with a Gigabyte Vega 64 in a relatively small case (Phanteks Evolv ITX). Air flow isn’t great, so really need to water cool the card, but I’m having a hell of a time finding a water block that fits the card - Gigabyte’s layout on their PCB is different from the standard. Even the NZXT Kraken G12 brackets don’t fit - I’m fairly certain I can mod the bracket to work, but I’d rather have a full block to cool the VRMs better.

EK’s block doesn’t fit. Before I tried any of the other brands, wanted to check in with you guys and see if any of you have found a block that fits this odd card.

A quick google search netted me no results either.

With that card being a non-reference PCB, you are probably going to be stuck using a GPU- only water block instead of a full cover. Modding may be an option, but you will need to study and compare the PCB layout of the card you have to the reference design.

Best piece of advice I can give you going forward, if you plan on purchasing a GPU to water cool, make sure you get a reference PCB.

Unfortunately, I’ve ended up having to water-cool the card due to space (my son’s PC, he really doesn’t want a larger case), wasn’t initially planning on it. I’ll just have to get the NZXT bracket to work. Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

I figured it was something like that. Plans change and thing happen.

Keep an eye out though, as Vega 64 is current gen, it is possible that someone will make a full cover block, especially if that card ends up being very popular.

AFAIK there is currently no block for any custom card except the strix.

Where are you located? If you’re in the EU then LiquidExtasy.de wold be an option, they do custom blocks (though you need to send in the card for obvious reasons).
OFC an option outside the EU too but shipping would be expensive.

Other then that you can use one of EKs universal VGA blocks, they’re not very pretty but they are universal so… that’s an option.

Kind of hard considering reference Vega is pretty much dead at this point :frowning: