Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Master with Asus Hyper M.2 x16 card

I wonder if this combo would work. I have now Zenith Extreme X399, although I don’t use the Hyper x16 v2 card with it, but I have it in the closet. 6 NVMe in slots around the board are just fine. I’ve heard that those x16 converter cards are tied to motherboard firmware. Is that true? I have other boards, but all are older, not supporting bifurcation, so I can’t test it in any way.

Truth to be told, I was set on purchasing Designare where I get card bundled and better slot placing, but while I love the XL-ATX flexibility of Designare I want to enter the TRX40 with lowest cost possible (because AMD screwed users in truly Intel fashion with X399->TRX40). I sit today whole day going in circles.

Purchasing Master over Designare that’s good (equivalent of) 300 $ less which is tons of money if Hyper x16 would work. I lose the superb slot placement and bundled cards, but I gain more practical E-ATX board which will fit with basically any case on the market supporting ATX.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.