Gigabyte ga-970a-ds3p weird usb problems

So lately I have been having weird issues with my motherboards usb ports. It started with this isssue
https://forum.teksyndicate.com/t/netgear-n300-with-windows-10/92391?u=thealmightykingofgee
which I did figure out was a usb issue because sometimes when it happened my ups disconnected also. Now I am having trouble with my front panel usb 3.0 ports. I can get power to devices I plug into them but I cannot get data in an OS. I figured out that for windows I had to install my usb 3.0 drivers (duh) but here is the weird part. I tried to boot a debian installer from a flash drive on those front ports and the BIOS was able to see the drive and boot the entire live distribution off of it but once I got into the live distribution it just vanished. I really don't know what the problem is here but maybe one of you guys know.

I had a similar experience using a TP-Link TL-WN822N usb wifi adapter that would stop working so I had to unplug and replug the adapter to get it to work. It was odd because the computer worked fine except for the connected usb devices like the usb mouse and usb wireless adapter. The usb keyboard seemed fine when typing, but the mouse pointer would wonder sometimes and usb wifi adapter would disconnect. I tried updating my computer, looking for new drivers, and running hard disk and memory error tests but nothing worked.

So I started removing and replacing parts from my computer hoping I would run across something. I finally traced my problem down to a bad stick of ram or bad DIMM slot. I removed the stick of memory from DIMM slot 2 and left only one stick of ram in DIMM slot 1 and all my usb problems went away. The mouse would no longer wonder and the usb WiFi adapter stoped disconnecting. The motherboard I was using at the time was an MSI AM1I motherboard. Your problem is probably different but I thought I would offer something else you could check that might be the problem from my personal experience with motherboard usb problems.

Step 1
Start > Settings > System > Power and Sleep > Additional power settings > Change Plan Settings > Changed Advanced Power Settings > USB Settings > USB Selective Suspend Setting > Set to Disable > Hit OK

Step 2
Right click on the Start button > Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers >
Right click on each entry, hit Properties > Power Management > Uncheck Allow the Computer to turn off this device to save power.

Step 3
Have a great day.