Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC Memory QVL

In preparation for my upgrade to a 5900x and 6800XT I bought a Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC and want to put 32 GB 4000 MHz RAM in it (and yes I need the CPU and RAM I run a lot of VMs and docker containers for work).

Now I looked at the memory QVL for that motherboard (for 3000 series CPUs, they haven’t published one for 5000 yet) and have one question with regards to the XMP settings for listed RAM kits.

It lists the G.Skill F4-4133C19D-16GTZKW ( 2x8gb). Can I get two kits of those to get 4x8=32GB and still expect to turn on an xmp profile or at the very least set the voltage/timings/speed in the bios for 4133 19-21-21-42 or will that likely not work?

I ask because two kits of that are significantly cheaper than 2x16 or 4x8 kits (e.g. Corsair CMW32GX4M4K4000C19 is a 4x8 kit on the QVL) in my region.

Some clarification here would be great! Thanks in advance folks!

Regardless of QVL, be aware that some Gigabyte X570 and B550 boards currently overvoltage RAM by 0.05V according to it’s onboard sensors. Make sure you go with a set of RAM that can tolerate high voltages.

If you’re concerned, go -0.02v in BIOS for the DRAM voltage.

Thanks. I ended up spending my christmas funds on some other stuff so I won’t be getting this upgrade done anytime soon but I’ll make sure to watch the voltage when I do upgrade.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.