GFX CARD STRICTLY PCIe

I’ve been building PCs for many years and I’m currently helping a friend with a build. My friend lives a considerable distance from me but wanted a new graphics card without having to purchase a new PSU to replace the old one. He wants 4 GB of RAM on the card (did not specify if it had to be GDDR3, 5, or 6) and wants it to run strictly off PCIe. I know there are some older cards out there that can answer to this but I wouldn’t mind some suggestions as I have had good advice here in the past concerning graphics cards. He’s an avid Minecraft player and I don’t play Minecraft myself so this could be a factor. Any suggestions?

Look for a guide on how to transform an Optiplex into budget gaming machine. They usually add graphics cards under 75W to those.

A quick google says the GeForce 1650 fits the requirements.
It is a 75W GPU with 4GB of GDDR6 and pretty new.

2 Likes

MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti DirectX 12 GTX 1050 TI 4GT LP Video Card - Newegg.com

No extra power, minimum 300W PSU recommended, 75W, not too shabby.

There’s more like that. Most AMD’s need a 6 pin but you can use the most likely provided Molex to 6 pin adapter. Probably more into the 350-400W PSU area. RX560 4GB is one.

Thankyou. I don’t think he wants a low profile card but that does look like an option if he isn’t too fussy.

I think this card fits the bill. Doesn’t look to be low profile so I think he might be interested. The price is good too.

Happy to be of assistance :slight_smile:

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.