Getting the bread

Post pictures of homemade bread here (must be made by you/no stock images). This topic may be against the grain in a tech forum, but nonetheless I am bready to see some nice loaves.

5 Likes

I’ll start.

White bread:
Imgur

4 Likes

And here is today’s loaf: Brioche.

Imgur

Imgur

7 Likes

Can probably have this thread moved to the Food & Drink - Level1Techs Forums section. @mods

1 Like

Apple cinnamon almond sourdough.

Just made some more bread this morning, but didn’t take pictures.

9 Likes

My lord, it’s amazing

If OP wants it in off topic that’s fine. But I can move it to the food and drink section as well.

You can move it, I don’t mind. It doesn’t knead to be in off-topic. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Done.

Are you trying to get a rise out of me?

3 Likes

Maybe … is it working dough?

2 Likes

do you guys really knead to do this? :stuck_out_tongue:

or do we stop at a dozen puns

1 Like

… The baker will another one [as incentive]

I made a simple soda bread a while back. It tastes nice and is very buttery but falls apart easily. Best use case is for dipping in soup, imo; but haven’t made it again.

EDIT: I followed this recipe World's best No Yeast Bread - Irish Soda Bread | RecipeTin Eats. Mine does not look as nice as hers haha.

8 Likes

The wifey made some quick sourdough bread last night. Will try to get a picture soon.

1 Like

So jelly of y’all! I need to learn to do this

best use case is straight out the oven, let it rest till warm.
slice and spread with a slightly salted 100% butter from grass fed cows.

:drooling_face:

enjoy :smiley:

2 Likes

its not to hard to make bread mate.
it just takes a bit of time for things like the yeast, kneading and rising.
so not that easy to do other things while making it, and why most no-longer do it.

still if you wanna… the internet is your friend… GO FOR IT!. :slight_smile:
1 tip though knead by hand if you want a rustic loaf…
if you use a machine the air? bubbles become to consistent in size changing the final texture of the bread.

It’s actually easier to do other stuff if you use a starter instead of commercial bakers yeast. There’s more downtime since the proofing cycles take longer(~3 hours instead of 1, depending on the temperature of your kitchen), and you can also just pop it in the fridge overnight and then bake it the next morning if needed kneaded.

1 Like

I wish I had the patience for this process haha. I always make quick breads like soda bread or beer bread because I don’t like fooling with the kneading. My husband makes sourdough on the regular though.

1 Like

L1 sourdough culture on the store, when? Lol

I tried making one from crab apple peels last summer. I got one weak little loaf out of it and then gave up.