Getting static IP addresses for a hosting service prototype on-prem

Hey folks, I’m working on a VPS hosting prototype on premise and I need users to be able to assign static IP addresses to their VPSs. I don’t want to put my servers into a colo quite yet, but I want the block of static IP addresses they can offer me. I can’t get a block from my ISP. How can I setup a router at a colo, have them assign a block of public ip addresses to the router, and then assign those ip addresses to the VPSs I have on prem? Thanks for your help.

For a prototype, maybe some kind of simple tunnel between your colo router and your on-prem router would do the job? Just setup both interfaces, routing rules for the ip range you have, and setup MTU so that it fits the tunnel (e.g. if tunnel over ipv4 1500, the VXLAN MTU would be 1450, GRE 1476, wireguard 1420, and so on … ).

Heck, you could even just BGP announce your prefix over BGP to the colo, … and stuff the incoming traffic into PPPoSSH :slight_smile:

your outgoing / upstream packets will need to be routed through your colo router too, probably.