Get.tech & Radix

Not sure where to write this, but it happened after I watched ssh+git video...
So I went to http://get.tech to check them out. A lot of marketing about technology and future...
But for my country (Poland) they are asking for state (which we don't use for almost anything), but in selection box data is from 1998! And they are using proper Polish diacritical characters, but there is still something wrong: i.e. "Wa~b|zych" instead of "Wałbrzych".
So, are they some small company? Should I really pay them any money or should I be afraid they will disappear in a year?
I also send email to their support, but I want to know your opinions.

BTW do they support any kind of ddns (or other api) to update my A/AAAA records?

2 Likes

They did previous promotion with level1 just over a year ago (or Tek? ) and that has just been up for renewal, so they're over a year so far.
Just a heads up, they charge extra for Whois privacy, so take that into account depending on how much personal info you want out there for ppl to see...

Radix is a company owned by Directi group. Directi is a very big company which brings in profits of hundreds of millions of dollars per year so they are definitely not "some small company" and will probably not disappear in a year. It looks like they messed up character encoding (so it should be easy to fix if you report it).

Although not as cheap, Google sells domains as well. Can get more than just the .tech TLD though.

Information about it:

https://support.google.com/domains/answer/6010092

First, got reply from their support, no ddns, they will look into other issues.
Other sell .tech too, but with Level1 codes get.tech it's much much cheaper... In my currency 2 years on OVH cost about 10 years of .tech with Level110 code. And currently 4 years of .net cost more. After some deregulation of prices of .net domains I know prices will slowly, but constantly, rise, that's why I extended my domain 4 months ahead. And OVH was nice, they send me an email explaining the situation. So maybe I'll stick with them and .net for now...
I just checked that privacy stuff, 7$/year. Thanks for head's up.
Will have to rethink all this stuff.

Main reason for asking was the feeling that page looks really unprofessional. I'm not from some big important country, but when someone targets international audience stuff usually just works. I just checked other countries from central Europe and it looks like they convert states info to ASCII characters.
And I'm still wondering where did they found that states info from '98... It's really not easy to just stumble upon it.

1 Like

cool, Welcome to the forum.
Hope your research on the firm helps assure you the company is legit, and that you come back and contribute to the community too!
Also hope the company gives feedback, as I for one never tested (never needed)