Garry's Mod

so.... I bought Garry's Mod awhile back, and I haven't been able to play it, because I didn't have CSS, or Half-life source, but their was a deal on Half-life bundle that included every half-life game. I thought it was a steal $10 for all of it, including half-source, and teamfortress classic, which I've played, and didn't enjoy it much, I would like to get CSS when its on sale. My question is, what game modes can I play with the half-life games that I own, and do I need to install all of them just to play game modes. I'm a total noob to Garry's Mod. I would really appreciate the info, thanks you guys. :)  

google cscheater; get textures; play all the things

you don't need the games to play on a game mode or map but if there is a prop from one of them games you'll just see a red error there and if it's a texture you'll see the texture as purple and Blake checkers, it is best to download and in stall all the half life 2's and CS:S  

you don't need the games to play on a game mode or map but if there is a prop from one of them games you'll just see a red error there and if it's a texture you'll see the texture as purple and Blake checkers, it is best to download and in stall all the half life 2's and CS:S

good lord; this thread