Gaming VPN

Last night, I subscribed to Purevpn in their halloween deals. Till now, its working pretty good. In their software they have port forwarding add on. The issue is my ISP is notorious for speed throttling. I don’t know how but I randomly tried port forwarding and to my surprise I was getting almost no lag and the speed I was getting was good too.

My question is what would be the reason behind that? Last night, I was also able to play PUBG in the regions which without VPN PUBG doesnot assign me to? How?

1 Like

Maybe your ISP throttles based on number of connections.
you VPN will make all traffic look as one connection.

or maybe your ISP specifically throttles connections to known servers and your VPNs servers are not in those lists.

So you want to play in regions where you’re ping becomes stupid? Sounds daft if you ask me.

1 Like

Because the VPN is in a different location then you and the server select goes by wherever “your IP” (i.e. that of the VPN server) is…

I mean sure that’ll prolly work but the lag would be so bad you might as well not bother LOL

Yes, that’s the reason. I am also surprised to me this illogical. But , till now PureVPN is working fine for me with out any lag. So, I am not thinking about the logical part till it is working fine for me :smiley:

I wont use PureVPN ever.

It might be the case that your experience is not good. But for now, PureVPN is working fine for me. Cyber ghost was working fine too but from the past month it is getting very slow.

I guess it depends what you want from a VPN.
I assume @Adubs is more going for the privacy aspect, but it seems that’s not the case for you since you’re just trying to work around a shitty ISP.

Nah, I just think this account is spam. There was a plague of purevpn posts all at once that stank of spam accounts. If I had more power I’d nuke this one too.

Well if it is that, I’m not even mad :rofl:

1 Like