Gaming system perfomance

There is nothing wrong with AMD.. I have owned more AMD's than I have Intels, but with the current generation the intels are a bit faster for the money.. but that is because the AMD's are aging and intel has been improving their designs steadily. You can overclock the AMD's, but then you need to spend more money on a proper motherboard and CPU cooler to get them faster than the Intel. So the value goes down..

I am really hoping AMD releases something amazing. Maybe a more efficient architecture and smaller die size.

If you already have an AMD system and are looking to upgrade, then I would probably go for a 6300, hyper 212 evo and windows 8 if that is an option. or an 8320 if that is in the budget. Beyond that, it better to wait for the next generation for a significant upgrade. 

If you aren't going to be overclocking, just get windows 8 with "start is back" and save your money for a more significant upgrade.

Sorry took me so long to come back with an answer been busy. Anyway if this is the system you have now your sitting pretty. I would suggest Win 8.1 and thats what I mean. I just say win 8 like 90% of the population.

Anyway the thing I like about PC is choice so its up to you. If your just gaming I would say sit on it for a little bit. If you want to do more with your system like video or twitch streaming you will need more power. If you want your games to run better. Well then you will need a GPU. However you are sitting at the bottom of the CPU pile. So I would at least look into upgrading my CPU it a six core if you upgrade your GPU.

As far as your current card goes. At you monitor Resolution of 1366x768 that card is going to be more than enough. On a TV that is full HD 1920x1080 expect med to high setting for good frame rate. And thats not bad. Even though you have not maxed out the setting please understand your still running the game much better than any console on the market. And you should be proud of that.

One thing I would like for you to understand. The big push in 3D modeling now is lighting model. I have games that I do not run full blast. And I am fine with it because I can not tell the difference. And in reality its because there almost is none. I have had games where I will turn down shadow effects and ambient occlusion. And can barely or just flat out not tell what different other than the game runs better. Most of the time that last extra 10% visual fidelity costs a lot more power from your GPU and you really don't need it. And not playing in the highest setting does not kill that gameplay.

I know this has been a long answer but my goal was to educate you. I think your system is fine for games you want to play now. I would wait till 2015 and see what intel and AMD have coming down the pipe for new processors. You will need a new motherboard with both because AMD is done with socket AM3+. If you don't have a lot of money and want your current system to last longer. Then I would save up and go with the AMD 8 core 8350. Your board does support it with firmware 1401 and up and its cheap for a high end CPU. And ASUS has used really good VRM's so you could do some mild overclocking. But I don't feel like it would be necessary.

By upgrading your current system you should get away with the same motherboard till late 2016 or 2017 maybe even later depending what your ok with. Also SSD is always a good upgrade if you want a snappy system.

Its all about choice.        

Thanks for all the replies very informative and useful information and as far as upgrading the cpu goes I think I'm gonna see how it is and when I can save a bit of money I'm gonna straight for the 8xxx series and Also go with win 8.1

thanks everyone