Gaming, on my Tesla, more likely than you think

OK, many thanks, will give that a go when I get a fan adapter. One is on its way from a 3D printer. So far I don’t have active cooling on the card, haha. Living dangerously.

1 Like

As long as it’s idle for short periods of time should be fine just try and have some passive airflow over it from case fans

1 Like

I’ve got a fan behind it, where the power connectors are, but the full airflow isn’t directed inside the card.

Also, does anyone know what this port is for?

Seems to output 3.28 volts when I prodded it with my multimeter.

i googled it and it said it was as power cable of some sort. i assume for the server environment. it was actually really hard to look up.

here’s a picture of the sticker

2 Likes
3 Likes

Sure

I uploaded it to the thingiverse page. Should be there if it ever decides to update.

Thingiverse is slow:
k40 80mm pusher - Rev 2,1.STL (193.4 KB) k40 92mm pusher - Rev 2,1.STL (181.7 KB)

2 Likes

tried with the GTS 250 and my Asrock b450 pro4 motherboard wont even boot with it as a gpu for some reason. i dont have a new nvidia card so ill prob just grab an APU and be done with it.

2 Likes

Shame, probably something to do with the GTS 250 being old, and maybe not having the right firmware to support newer boards.

For my other PC which has an Asrock AB350 Pro4, I’ll probably keep my R5 1600 CPU and get a cheap NVIDIA GPU. Might need to do the same with my Threadripper CPU, as I can’t seem to be able to get it working with my AMD R9 380 GPU. I don’t think I have any other combinations left to try.

1 Like

GTS 250 likely doesn’t have a uefi compatible vbios

2 Likes

that makes sense. i stole a 3400g for 145 shipping included last night. so at least 1 of my tesla set ups is set with that APU

2 Likes

This will be the PLA selection for now

The red is semi translucent, these are cheaper filiments but since none of the parts are load bearing or artistic it should be fine

Feel free to mix and match colors for different designs and parts of designs

I’ll post what the colors look like printed out once I get a print of each

6 Likes

Quad core zen+ is perfectly suitable for what this GPU is capable of, I used it and a athlon 3000G for original testing

3 Likes

comes in 'murica, or grey and black.

5 Likes

LAWD pls secure those filament ends xD

1 Like

walks past and spins the spools

4 Likes

No clue what that means but 3D printer go brrrr

1 Like

Basically it will cross over on itself and cause a tangle like this. Just loop the ends through the holes in the spool so it doesnt happen

2 Likes

Yeah that can happen. Not usually a huge deal, but it is kind of annoying.

2 Likes

Oh yeah I already fixed the ones on the printer, that’s why it looks loose

I’ve been stalking this forum for days… have the option for a $200 range M40 locally - I currently have a 8GB RX480.

Any thoughts on am I just spinning my tires or would this be a worthwhile upgrade?

It would go into a system with an i7-6700 & 16GB of RAM - Dell Precision T3620 with 650W PSU.

-Thanks!

1 Like