Gaming, on my Tesla, more likely than you think

Thanks man. I guess I was needing a system reboot or did something out of order because it works great now. I got the 1100 config with 3125 memory working. Just rigged up some temporary cooling to do game tests. :smiley:

Also, I think I found a typo in the original post. Bottom one would need to be +250 and -ac 3125,1125

6 Likes

Yeah I need to fix a bunch of stuff and ad more pictures

I just played PUBG Training mode for 15 min or so on this thing at 1100 Core 3125 Mem. Added a delta fan on the i/o side running 100%. Pulls between 85 and 99% power at 1100. 1440p “esports” settings I was getting 90-100fps. Pretty close to what I get on my Fury X. 1080p was right around 130fps. I might power mod this but as it stands now I am going to install my Morpheus cooler on it and daily drive this thing for a while.

zip-tied heatsink

Giga would be proud!

That’s exactly the sort of jank I love to see.

1 Like

(Offtopic)
Been using it like that in my desktop for a few years now, bought it from a customer who just showed up with it at my work one day.

(Ontopic)
So with my setup I’m able to disable/enable the tesla card in the event that I encounter an issue with a game or piece of software (None so far!).

Just a heads up if you disable and then reenable the card you need to reapply your afterburner overclock and then run the command to set the clock speed. I have my machine setup to apply the afterburner overclock at boot and then have a batch file sitting in my startup folder that applies the specified clock. For some reasons nvidia-smi wasn’t on path so I went and corrected that.

1 Like

If anyone was wondering what it looks like under the heat sink lol

Edit
Added the cooler lol

7 Likes

I think I repasted mine but reused the same thermal pads, I need to buy a pack of thermal pads from AliExpress

M40 was lol enough but I also couldn’t get it to use more than 180w full tilt

2 Likes

I’ve had mine exceed 220watts in 1440p 144hz gaming loads, does a great job. Waiting for a 120mm 32mm thick 12 volt blower fan to arrive from amazon. I dug out my delta style 3D printer and gave it a tune up so I can have a proper thermal solution.

After I sort it out I’ll post a link to amazon for other UK folk along with a link to the 3D model for you to slice.

2 Likes

M40 or K40?

1 Like

K40M using the provided clock speeds in your original post,

1 Like

I haven’t checked the consumption of my k40 yet, I assume it’s higher because it’s kepler

2 Likes

What are you using to see the card wattage/amps? I don’t have it in HWinfo or gpu-z. Only % of TDP

1 Like

I was looking at afterburner

1 Like

HW Info with afterburner providing info for RTSS, I’ll double check tomorrow when I have a better cooling solution ready but this is what I see in HWInfo

I guess I have been declining the HWinfo update for a few years now >_> I had version 5.90. All is well now thx

1 Like

Clean! Did I miss the part where you explain where the upgraded heat sink came from?

It is a Morpheus II heatsink. I installed it on top of the factory vrm / memory heatspreader. idk what else to call it.

https://www.raijintek.com/en/products_detail.php?ProductID=45
https://www.raijintek.com/en/products_detail.php?ProductID=137

2 Likes

Since you have both a 980 and k40m, what’s the performance difference like between them?

Have we found a way to make these cards with no display outputs work with VFIO yet?

So… I wanted to flash the card for a little bit more voltage and alot more power w/o shunt modding. I might still shunt mod. Anyway, I dissected a 780ti bios with KeplerBiosTweaker. Tried an “optimal” flash. 1.212v, +40% on all power rails except pcie. and stable memory and core. Couldn’t get it to behave. Reflashed with only voltage and power mods. Arrived at this. PUBG lobby is open for this screen. Card is power throttling at 300someodd watts and clocking down. why am i still awake.

1 Like