Gaming, on my Tesla, more likely than you think

I have no idea honestly, I’ll try to test it in my spare time

2 Likes

Well… I looked at my Tesla M40 more closely…ummm this may be a problem lol…

And now I think I let the magic smoke out of the tesla… :frowning:
I double checked and the wiring… so the pins on the power supply… they were tight… it was because they didn’t match up right… I can smell it… You know the smell…UGHHHH

2 Likes

Being required to use your sense of smell when troubleshooting almost never turns out well… :smirk:

4 Likes

Was it like the guy posted

About the power?

2 Likes

A warning for those not in the know

Be sure to check if your Tesla uses EPS 8 pin CPU or PCI-E before plugging in

6 Likes

Heres the damage…

Under this cap… is this…

I must have missed that post… worked fine on my grid…might be because of the age of my Dell Server is only supposed to be used with certain cards.

3 Likes

Maybe it died open and prevented further damage
It’s pretty close to the input so maybe there’s hope

1 Like

I dunno if I can solder a new one in… :unamused:

Tweet at buildzoid

5 Likes

Will do sir. Not a huge deal. Im sure i can figure it out. I dont have tweet, but can try reddit.

Looks like 10 points… not sure i can fix that but maybe… I’ll try with my dad once I figure out the part I need.

TO EVERYONE: THIS IS ENTIRELY MY FAULT BEING A NOOB…lol

I’m going to have a drink…

I found the adapter cable in the BOX! :man_facepalming: I cant believe I did this…

3 Likes

Can donate my fan shroud to someone who can read…lol
@GigaBusterEXE

1 Like

They say you’re not really a doctor until you’ve killed a patient.

Now you’re a GPU doctor.

4 Likes

I want to say maybe I can fix it but my soldering skills need some work before I’d attempt it

1 Like

Im going to try anyways. See what my padre says. Hes done this stuff for ages. I just need to identify the part… its something to attempt for the heck of it. I’ll document it. I always wondered if I could fix some of those broke cards for cheap on ebay…lol

1 Like

I’ll take a picture when I get home of my M40

No worries at all. Its a pain to remove the whole back cover. I wouldn’t worry about it. May write it off as a learning experience…

I’m terrible at soldering but one tip that helps me is to do it first thing in the morning before you have any caffeine.

3 Likes

That’s what got me in this mess lol I only had one cup and brain was a little fuzzy :sweat_smile::upside_down_face::crazy_face::relaxed:

3 Likes

Showed Wendell, we’re gonna pop apart my M40 to see what that chip is to see if it’s doable

2 Likes