Gaming on Linux thread

Everybody ask questions and other kind users may answer. Question may pertain solely gaming on a Linux distro, transferring from Windows to Linux or going back and forth in Dual boot.
Let's do this fellas.

Currently it is too soon for a clean transition, for gaming is a mandatory option of dual booting. There are plenty of options for gaming on Linux like SteamOS, PlayOnLinux, Wine, CrossOver, etc. but most of these options offers only a partial solution and further in 2015. While Vulkan is being announced, it's just been in development by Khronos and its stakeholders since last June and thus is still a work-in-progress, but should be sured up more by the end of the year.
So for gaming I would stay on WindowsDualBooting.

I completely disagree and agree at the same time.

It really just depends on what games you play. I have a friend who is a die hard CS:GO player who would be perfectly happy with something like linux mint.

Another friend of mine mostly plays valve games which are also on linux.

I however really like the battlefield series, so I am pretty much SOL when it comes to native steam gaming.

In any case, I do not believe linux should just be written off, but people should take a hard look at it first.

were you replying to me? it's just that mine were just guidelines for the thread and not a statement to agree or disagree with.
it's true though, all we gotta do is make the devs see this platform has demand for their games

Xonotic is a great open-source game availble here:
http://xonotic.org/

No, you are fine. I though I was replying to sergio

I refuse to boot into Windows these days (haven't done so in months), so I pretty much play anything that's available on Linux (native only, no Wine). There are plenty of games available natively on Linux that one can play without ever having to boot into Windows. http://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=&sort_by=_ASC&os=linux&page=1

However, as someone has already mentioned, it depends on the types of games that you play. Blizzard for example doesn't have any games ported to Linux. Luckily for me, my favorite game is CS:GO which Valve made available natively for Linux last year.