Gaming headset inside a helmet

Hey guy's I struggle with being super loud when I game. My significant other is going to kill me if I cannot come up with something to kill my constant laughing and cries of battle. I had an idea tonight what about putting a gaming headset into a over sized helmet and making it semi sound proof? Has anyone ever seen something like this?

Sounds a tad too far. Why dont you move your pc to a different room and get some sound damping foam for the walls.

this is what i had to do, only i didn't use sound dampening foam.

You would be better off having a dedicated room just for your gaming rig, than building some sort of weird helmet. Although if you do build a helmet you have to model it after a stormtrooper helmet.

mmm, I ride a motorcycle, and a tight fitting helmet would reduce noise a bit… not much, a overly large one that can fit your head set in portably is not going to do much either, and I imagine it would be very uncomfortable, like others have said moving the Gaming rig to another room

• try open headphones? you'll be more aware of exactly how loud you are.
  • use speakers instead of headphones
  • self discipline/repression?

I didn't think I would get any responses to this post, wow. The gaming rig in question is in the living room but I live in an apartment with a thin dividing wall. I have been considering using open headphones, since I do have a set of decent noise canceling headphones. I am still planning on theory crafting said helmet. I even had the far off idea of making one by building around a oculus rift type VR headset. Honestly the idea of putting on a Boba Fett gaming helmet makes my inner star wars nerd sqeel like the fat gamorrean pig Iam.

You are not alone. I have been looking for something similar. My grandson plays games and gets loud. We constantly have to quiet him down. They live in an apartment as well. Computer is in living room for central location. He has a 18mo old sister that keeps getting woken up and needs her rest due to seizures. I wish we could get out heads together and invent something. You know it would make several people very happy!