Games that toasters can run?

Since I'm still a poor college student stuck on a tablet PC, what are some very low demanding games that mobile atom cpus can even run?

Brutal Doom. You won't regret it. You'll regret only that you don't have real mouse and keyboard :)
Civ 5; and some alike.

Probably emulate ps one and snes games?

Also, you never know but you might be able to run some games, including hearthstone.

I'm not sure of how poor you are but you should be able to put together a cheap gaming PC with second hand parts for a little bit of nothing that will run any game made from about 2014 on back. You can pick up used 19"- 22" monitors for less than $50 most times on CL. Stuff like keyboards, mice and cases you can usually get for free. Look at a socket LGA775 Q6600 quad core and a decent MB (I have that on my LAN box) get 8gig of DDR2 ram and a video card in the GTX 400-500 range and you will be sitting pretty for probably under $300.00. Something like that should run BF4 or Far Cry 3 at around 30 - 50 fps with filters off and lightly modded Skyrim at 50-60. Check out the numerous value build guides on YouTube and other sources and don't be afraid to get your hands dirty. All of the parts are disposable and your machine will whip the shit out of any so called next gen console. Best of luck to you!!

Runescape Classic. You'll never get those hours back.

Just hit your local craigslist. You can pick up super cheap stuff and build yourself something to use. And you get the experience along the way

FTL: Faster Than Light, Hotline Miami, Broforce (turn the gif function off), Quake live, Duke Nukem, old shadow warrior, Rogue Legacy,Luftrausers, Pinball Arcade

1 Like

Freedom Planet

Cave Story is the least intensive and most fully featured game of which I can think at the moment.
There's also Dustforce, Shovel Knight, Super Hexagon, VVVVVV, Anodyne, Luftrausers, and Love.

Ultima online.

Download UO forever, it is pretty much a one click install.

Solid recommendations I can back.

Descent 1 and 2 are classics easily worth twice their $10 price tag on GOG, and I'm surprised no one here has mentioned them yet. There's also Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (the old one) which is basically Civilization on an alien planet, definitely worth the $2.40 it's on sale for right now, especially if you like turn-based strategy games.

Dwarf Fortress if you want to go Hardcore.

Original xcom games on steam, enemy unknown and terror from the deep

they run on a 386 so they should run totally fine on your tablet :D