Games Not Available on the Steam Platform

Yup… Still better than exclusivity…

1 Like

nope

1 Like

Ah that was an over reaction they clarified that it is better version control and individual developers will have that option but in general valve are no intending to stop old version being downloaded.

1 Like

Honestly, I really don’t mind. With the current state of gaming, where broken unfinished buggy shit is pushed as shiny brand new game, I rather download the latest version.
I dread to think of the people that would like to download an old version of No Man’s Sky from back when there was no game in that game…

1 Like

I like no man’s sky as it is now, but I heard it was garbage when it first released, but That’s a story of how to do things RIGHT (after a mistake) by the devs.

2 Likes

I disliked Origin, when it launched, as I was all in on Steam. I disliked the Uplay nonsense, and the blizzard abomination. I would like all the games through Steam; it works well, and on Linux.

BUT… all eggs in one basket is Not a good thing. Steam bullied companies into doing discounts via sales, and had the chance to raise prices, even if Valve chose not to milk it.

I still think the other platforms pale, but it is good windows gamers have a choice.

If inly other platforms were almost as good.

And worked on Linux.

Valve even convinced people to pay money for games they never even download…. Talk about a winning strategy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is getting off topic but itnis more for video game preservationists/historians, speed runners who take advantage of certain builds flaws, achievement hunters where achievements have changed or been removed over time, and websites like TheCuttingRoomFloor wiki all make use of it.

For us yeah the newest one is good but for others they have reasons that are not all self harm related.

1 Like

It’s on Epic.

I still don’t like Battlenet or Origin either. These aren’t competition.

1 Like

my take on the matter is:
Steam’s main and original function is to be ONE account which contains all of your games in a single library. to me, the idea of installing Origin or Fortnite Launcher completley defeats the whole purpose of Steam.

Well, Steam’s purpose is to make Valve money, and ensure only authorised people play Counterstrike.

The rest is all a great bonus….

2 Likes

Yeah sorry, console exclusive and the rest of the point stands.

Indeed, I would hazard a guess that making money is pretty much what every company wants to do :wink:

However I own CS:GO I just don’t play it as I’m mostly a game collector except for things like Skyrim of course :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I was mostly joking, as I signed up to steam back when it was needed for CS, before it had a whole catalog…

2 Likes

Damn, this dude’s the 1% for gamers.

2 Likes

You know what is awesome about origin? Buying the Origin subscription thingey for $20 a year on steam with your sold steam trading cards.

stonks

2 Likes

That’s a good corner on a service, sure.

1 Like

Even better if you got the credit buying and refunding summer sales items… SpiffCo style…

Wait, Off topic shizzle I’m bad at this thing…

2 Likes

Ryan, you should send me a friend invite on Steam if you want, same name as on this forum :wink:

It is a public account so you can actually TRY to view the list, oh and don’t try to find anything on my Wishlist either, I basically put EVERYTHING I don’t currently own on my wishlist, yes this includes the hundreds of DLC items for all those Train Simulators out there too, ha :stuck_out_tongue: