Gamers Nexus calls BS on Intels 5GHz 28 core CPU

well you’re obviously a lunatic fringe case

No, the laws of physics say it isn’t possible with consumer grade cooling.

at what point did intel say this would all be possible with an evo 212?

let me repeat myself, this chip is really fucking stupid there is no question about that.

At the point where they decided to hide the water chiller and clearly visible put a standard water reservoir in the case.

Again, look at it. It was meant to look like a simple custom loop.

1 Like

They didn’t. They just used a cooling solution that’s actually illegal in NA and the EU.

2 Likes

Phase change water chiller whatever is illegal? what?

1 Like

hide it? they let Linus finger fuck it, Anand has pictures of the damn chiller. 5ghz 28 cores, there has been no false advertisement just a really dumb show.

That model uses a cooling substance that is not allowed in the EU and NA, he is correct.

1 Like

thanks for the clarification

1 Like

this is not true

now if you’re saying the specific chiller is not certified to be sold in the US or EU your point is irrelevant because there are numerous chiller certified for sale within each region.

1 Like

Glycol is allowed everywhere, there many new refrigerants used that replace any that are banned in NA and EU

Or here, wikipedia:

2 Likes

all the docs say they use HCFC (R407c) or HFC (R134a) but for some reason it still says Iced medium R22, i chalk this up to chinglish

you do know I refrigeration is my job right?

fair. If they don´t sell it outside Asia, there may be dog souls in there or something.

Am aware of that.

Edit:
You are the expert, but the part between the chiller and the CPU block may have been Glycol?

Sure, but the unit they used doesn’t. It used R22 (Chlorodifluoromethane), which is currently illegal to import for cooling purposes in the US, and illegal to use in the rest of NA and the EU. The unit used is the HC-1000B, which is manufactured in I think China.

So, in reality, this cooling solution is not available, and in fact illegal, in NA and the EU.

Here is the pdf of the manual

all countries who dont give a shit about how tan australia gets will have r22, not sure on the status of 407c (probably phasing out as well) and 410a will be what we see.

@magicthighs, please see the variety of refrigerant options available with this unit and understand your point is still invalid.

1 Like

Pff, that’s not exotic at all.

This thread has stopped being productive entirely

We are on track though. Give it a day or two, it will cool off again

2 Likes

Ok then if we can stop the tit for tat argument cherry picking of every post in this thread that would be great and I wont lock the thread for now
mkay?