Gamers Nexus calls BS on Intels 5GHz 28 core CPU

lmao, this is the funniest thing i’ve read all day, equating bad business practices to rape.

your internet skills 100%

That argument is pointless…

But not AMD… Here we don’t have some idiot claiming. We have INTEL clainming, knowing full well it’s a bulshit.

2 Likes

That graph needs to fall off much much earlier. :rofl:

Well, subtlety didn’t work with you so far.

It is outrageous, completely out of proportion, yes. Not pointless though.

Just because something happens all the time, it does not make it any better.

2 Likes

Intel had a part on stage running 5ghz on a 28 core chip, and said it would be available. nothing about that is false advertising, it’s not even a real product yet.

That is the first post from you here that actually states your opinion. :+1:

I can’t argue with you if you really believe that sentence.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to get y’all to calm your titties since the get go, i just said a fish tank chiller wasnt really exotic, dumb but not exotic. it’s almost like you havent read anything I’ve posted.

Adervertising for a non-existant thing is kind off missleading, isn´t it?

A helium liquifier works perfectly well for cooling your PC too. Costs half a million but it works.

2 Likes

almost no details besides 28 cores and 5ghz have been said, they had a shitty demo. pls show me false advertising, just because some neckbeard with a youtube channel said it isn’t possible doesn’t constitute false advertising.

ok, what is your point?

Sorry, who didn’t read anything?

how is that false advertising?

You won’t be able to buy just the Intel product and get those scores.

they didn’t obscure the crazy cooling in fact it was in full view, they’re scant on the details to avoid that. A cinebench score under a chilled loop is not false advertising in any way.

IIRC there where some inconsistent benchmarks when Ryzen came out and I didn’t see any of you claiming false advertising

Watch it.

Press only found out the next day.

1 Like

From the GN/buildzoid VRM video:

That heatsink does not look like 77W to me (AMD Wraith cooler (65W) is a third that size), so the CPU pulled upwards of 800A at some voltage. This is just basic spec sheet reading and mathematics.
Then we got a chiller with 1.7kW rated cooling capacity and 1.6kW PSU in the system.

Scrambled words or not, someone on stage said “28 core at 5GHz […] available at the end of the year”
If it isn´t, then it is at the very least questionable advertising.

Where is the line between exotic cooling for you? Cause a 1kW cooler for a computer is in my books.

So, with a straight face, say you will need a arc flash suit to open the PC case while it is running? This would violate basic NEC code…

cause kewldude

Damn you! Now I want to try to make a welder out of a VRM!

3 Likes

being facetious is not helping anything

I kinda doubt that we are ever going to see anything like it in the realworld.
This was just a show off.

2 Likes

Here’s where I stand on this. If you need to spend an equal amount of power keeping the system cool enough to be stable, it’s not feasible to sell as a consumer-marketed product.

There’s an argument to be made that the 32 core TR2 chip isn’t consumer-marketed, but at least that’s air cooled.

Whether or not we see this 28 core oddity on shelves this year is irrelevant to me because I frankly think that, while impressive, it’s just not something that I can run.

If I were to try to install it in my office, turning the damn thing on would trip the circuit.

Yeah, it’s a cool tech demo. That Intel is capable of building a 28 core chip that runs at 5GHz at all is impressive. Intel has had the single core performance crown for the last few years and I’m not surprised.

I’m just concerned that people are getting caught up in pedantics, but this is L1T, after all…

If it were in my budget, I would. Back in 2009, I said the same thing about 8 cores and 3.5GHz. The 8350 came out a few years later and I bought one. As computing evolves, so do your needs. Back in the day, all the enthusiasts/professionals were on quad cores and you could still push 720p on a P4. Today, it’s turning out that upper mainstream can’t play most games on less than 6 cores.

I’d be interested to see how/if all these high-waste CPUs cause cooling vendors to push the envelope on what they can provide and produce. I’d love to see a 280mm AIO capable of dissipating 500w of heat.

It seems that we’re seeing a dramatic spike in power consumption on CPUs, but I suppose this was always going to happen because CPUs were only getting so much more power efficient and the easiest way to get more performance is to tack on cores.