GameCube Games

What GameCube games did you play back in the day? Which ones are worth coming back around to? Which ones do you have the best memories with?
I only really remember playing alot of Soul Caliber 2 and getting really good with Talim, those were good times.

1 Like

Metroid Prime

Smash Bros

Super Mario Sunshine

Paper Mario

RE4

Wind Waker

Viewtiful Joe

Sonic Adventures 2: Battle

Man I just went down nostalgia lane.

Edit:

Animal Crossing, how could I forget this one?

4 Likes

I used to like playing "Destroy All Monsters" on my friend's son's GameCube.

It is like Street Fighter on a 3D city map with various Japanese TOHO monsters like Godzilla, Mothra, King Gidorha, etc. I used to love the Godzilla tail whip or picking up buildings and throwing them at the other monster.

1 Like

Metriod Prime. Just killer.
Metroid Prime 2. Less killer.

Worms 3d. Really one of the first games my wife would play with me. Goofy and casual but lots of fun.

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. Super fun gauntlet-style action RPG. Nearly wore that tiny disk out. Only sold my gamecube because its sequel came out on something else.

Red faction 2. I remember this being a really clumsy FPS, bought it beat it in a weekend IIRC. Returned.

SoulCalibur 2. Good game, never enjoyed these games without arcade joystick. Got returned.

I'm sure there were others but they didn't stand out in my memory. Honestly what stands out the most was how comfortable the gamepad was. Wish I could find the same shape in a PC controller. Would be great for kicking around in the living room. The ones I've run across have shit reviews.

1 Like

Oooooh yes! I spent a lot of time with friends playing trough those over and over. :D

Also F-Zero something something. Crushing but fun.

1 Like

There are lot's of games to choose from, but there's only one one for me => Burnout 2 : Point of Impact

Jeez - I loved this game.

Original trailer :

GiantBox retro-view :

1 Like

Holy shit yeah, Burnout 2 is amazing.
The Resident Evil remaster for Game Cube was also pretty good.
Same goes for Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes.

1 Like

Oh yeah! I remember hearing about that game and wanting really bad to play it but I never got the chance to, thanks for reminding me of it!

Metroid Prime 1 and 2
Paper Mario TTYD
Mario Strikers (video game soccer for people who don't wanna spend 100 hours mastering FIFA)
Mario Party 5
Pokemon Colosseum 1 and 2

Some kinda obscure ones:
Battalion Wars
Metal Arms (though this game might be better on PS2 because it has 2 real analog sticks)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom
Harvest Moon Magical Melody (though Stardew Valley is better)

1 Like

Mariokart

Pokemon Colosseum.

Super mario sunshine.

I had other games, but these were the ones I actually played.

1 Like

F-Zero GX with component PAL 60Hz
Sphinx
Prince of Persia Sands of Time
Monkeyball (because monkey target minigame)
MK double dash (LAN game play)

1 Like

Currently playing Tomb Raider Legend for GameCube and loving it.

1 Like

Final Fantasy Crystal chronicles was a fantastic game. I've replayed it several times

Zelda Collector Edition (first game I ever played in my life was Ocarina of Time on Gamecube)
Metroid Prime 1 and 2 (I remember we were playing as kids and were afraid the shit out the first time on the dark world)

How is OoT on the GameCube? Did they improve the textures or geometry or anything like that?

I've never played the one on N64 but if I'm not wrong it was only a port of the n64 to the gamecube with a slighty higher resolution.

eternal darkness
wind waker
twilight princess
re1 re0
pikmin
luigi's mansion- got it cheep so the length didnt bother me.
metroid prime

some others. i dont really remember at the moment.

1 Like

RE4 and Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes.

1 Like