Game Programming

Now I know absolutely nothing about game programming however I really want to get into it.

My question, can anyone recommend a good game programming language which has good tutorials on Youtube and Google? 

Thanks in advance.

a good game programming language which has good tutorials on Youtube and Google?

yeah…

give up. do something else. come back if you understand why this is stupid.

it's not something you can just learn easily by youtube or such. game programming is far more complex than you appear to understand. you need to learn to program first, and it takes a year or so to get to where you can program even a basic game.

Listen to this ^ guy.  I learned this lesson from experience.

it takes a year or so to get to where you can program even a basic game.

it takes an hour to make a basic game. like guess the number or something. if you study game programming seriously for a year you can make a pretty advanced game.

OP, learning a programming language is like learning a regular language. It's easy to learn something easy like saying hello but it takes a lot of time to be able to do anything useful. If you really are serious about this I recommend getting a book on c++ programming. like this one http://www.amazon.com/Sams-Teach-Yourself-Days-Edition-ebook/dp/B0028CK0GW. now, if you've written a graphical game in c++ within 6 months I'd be pretty impressed, though it's totally possible to do it in a much shorter period, but be prepared to spend a lot of time studying. and it's probably the most beneficial skill you could learn so you've got nothing to lose. or you could try javascript, it runs in a web-browser so it's a little easier to get into.

also, there's probably no tutorials on google. although you can use google to find practically all information in the world, if you didn't know that, it's pretty cool.

it takes an hour to make a basic game. like guess the number or something. if you study game programming seriously for a year you can make a pretty advanced game.

Let us clarify here, I believe OP's definition of "Game" and your definition(the proper definition) are two slightly different things. While, yes, guessing numbers and filling them in fields is a game, my guess is op is looking for something more of the "Video" genre of game, whereas one can interact with an engine(of any sort beyond a window with a text box) and produce a product that could be classified as a proper video game.

OP, from personal experience, it took me about a year of learning C++ before I could have a pixel on a screen jumping, understand how and why its doing that, between interaction with IO, drawing, how the libraries I was using worked and what was used behind the scenes to make them work. That is my personal experience...may be slower than you can pull off as I had other collegiate classes happening at the same time.

Game programming from scratch begins to really start to slip away from most traditional programming styles in quite a few ways. After a large amount of experience, it begins to look more like an art. This isn't to say that programming itself isn't an art as well. But the fact of the matter is that its not something you learn overnight. It can be however, something you have a natural nack for. But you don't come out the womb better or on par with picasso. Its just simply not how it works.

One can write a super basic non-portable game with it requiring the IDE or compiler itself to run the game, but creating the program that actually understands the asset types with serialization is literally another program in it of itself. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to discourage anyone from entering game development. But game programming is a completely different subject. Yes they do overlap in a lot of ways, but game programming itself is literally creating the entire architecture for the systems which run the game. Game Development, is creating the assets and runtime scripts used for the game to ruin on the architecture previously build.

The fact that you claim it takes an hour to create a simple game, is false in 2 of 3 situations. If the person has no previous architecture to run the game, I doubt that they are going to have the time to write 300+ lines (at a literal bare minimum) within an hour which will work effectively. If the person is creating a game from scratch with no concepts, games aren't just knock offs, they're meant to have their own stories, if you do get something running, its just a replication. The only way that you're going to have "something" running within an hour is if you use a game engine with prefabricated entities and systems(scripts and visual assets) which then itself, isn't completely legal for a commercial marketplace. (I know, the marketplace doesn't matter while learning) If you're going to be making something "simple" its to learn from it, not to drag and drop each prefab into a scene and look around at blank planes representing some terrain. 

Even a guess a number game requires a form of architecture and basic understanding of the language itself to write. Which would take well over an hour for a fresh programming beginner. 

I think you should get the idea of making anything good out of your head, the best place to start would be python, learn that to get a grasp of object orientated programming before moving onto a more advanced language such as c++ or Java. Python could probably be learnt pretty well via YouTube and Google. But it will be a while before you're making anything that would be considered a game... But you could just give up the idea of learning how to code and go for a game making program such as GameMaker by YoYo Games <a>https://www.yoyogames.com/studio </a> Give it a try.

if you just want to experience what level creation and basic scripting of a game is like on a VERY limited level... go try rpgmaker vx ace

Any sort of GameMaker program variant does not do good when trying to learn to make games. Eventually, you are going to have to stop relying on things that other people have made because after a while, these things will be too old and far too behind.