Game of Thrones Discussion Thread [Spoilers, probably]

Well if your life were in danger would you sit and endure more torture or would you run and take your chances?

I'd want to run obviously, that doesn't mean I'd be able to.

Have you ever been stabbed multiple times in the gut, had someone sew you back together and then got high on drugs? Probably not, so you can't say it isn't plausible.

Edit: Meh, I don't have it in me to shit post

I do think that a few stabbings in the gut can't easily be fixed like the showed in the show but I'm going to assume there was some stitching, bandaging, etc done "off" camera. Also one does not need to personally be stabbed in the gut to know that some of the most important and vulnerable parts of the body are there and if one is stabbed there it is quite unlikely you will survive, even with medical attention.

So Dragons, live undead, full resurrections, a witch giving birth to a shadow assassin demon, The 3 eyed crow, Giants, etc are all legit? But Arya can't quick heal a few pokes with a letter opener. Come on kids its a story and will never be plausible.

1 Like

Well, you're absolutely wrong there. Some of the lesser important organs are there. Your kidneys are at your sides, so those are safe when you are stabbed in the middle of the abdomen. Let's take a look at what is there. Your intestines and reproductive organs are there. Hmm... Can live without those. You can cut pieces of those out and sew them together and you're good as new, except for the stitches...

But you all missed the real point here. Stabbing someone there is one of the slowest and most painful ways to kill someone. The faceless man said to make her death quick so she doesn't suffer, but instead of slitting arteries in one or more of the vulnerable spots that would have for sure easily killed Aria very quickly the Waif stabbed her in the gut where there are no major organs or major arteries and she is sure to suffer for a long time before she dies. She would survive, in pain, to be tortured, and I'm sure that is what would happen. The Waif would keep her alive while she took her face.

So if you want someone to suffer then stab them in the middle of the abdomen. They'll live long enough to get help. They'll live long enough to walk 20 miles through the desert holding their own intestines in to get help. They'll live long enough to go berserk and kill many enemy forces like the many reports in WWII, then live many more years to tell the story. They'll live long enough to be stabbed in the gut again a second time and then still live long enough to be transported by ambulance to a hospital where they'll be sewn back together.

Unless you cut a major organ or cut a major artery, like one of the two arteries in your neck, on the inside of your arms, on your sides behind the kidneys, on your inner thighs or up into your groin... you're likely just going to have to live with some fucking stitches. So stabbing someone in the middle of the abdomen is not instant death. It is a slow and painful death, maybe even long enough to become septic and die from infection over several days. Even when someone was crucified in Roman times they had their gut slit open on the cross and they still lived several days with birds pecking at their intestines...

Best eposode ever.....

2 Likes

A whole episode of brutalness.

2 Likes

And the preferred outcome.

3 Likes

Well, you're absolutely wrong there. Some of the lesser important
organs are there. Your kidneys are at your sides, so those are safe
when you are stabbed in the middle of the abdomen. Let's take a look at
what is there. Your intestines and reproductive organs are there.
Hmm... Can live without those. You can cut pieces of those out and sew
them together and you're good as new, except for the stitches...

But you all missed the real point here. Stabbing someone there is
one of the slowest and most painful ways to kill someone. The faceless
man said to make her death quick so she doesn't suffer, but instead of
slitting arteries in one or more of the vulnerable spots that would have
for sure easily killed Aria very quickly the Waif stabbed her in the
gut where there are no major organs or major arteries and she is sure to
suffer for a long time before she dies. She would survive, in pain, to
be tortured, and I'm sure that is what would happen. The Waif would
keep her alive while she took her face.

So if you want someone to suffer then stab them in the middle of the
abdomen. They'll live long enough to get help. They'll live long
enough to walk 20 miles through the desert holding their own intestines
in to get help. They'll live long enough to go berserk and kill many
enemy forces like the many reports in WWII, then live many more years to
tell the story. They'll live long enough to be stabbed in the gut
again a second time and then still live long enough to be transported by
ambulance to a hospital where they'll be sewn back together.

Unless you cut a major organ or cut a major artery, like one of the
two arteries in your neck, on the inside of your arms, on your sides
behind the kidneys, on your inner thighs or up into your groin... you're
likely just going to have to live with some fucking stitches. So
stabbing someone in the middle of the abdomen is not instant death. It
is a slow and painful death, maybe even long enough to become septic and
die from infection over several days. Even when someone was crucified
in Roman times they had their gut slit open on the cross and they still
lived several days with birds pecking at their intestines...

cool

3 Likes

this episode just kept giving

3 Likes

So Sansa Stark is making a point by killing all the free folk or she stumbled into little fingers army and went well I have a battle.

The stupid red headed idiot is stumbling from one marriage to the next killing men. Let the women fight and the men drink.

"there was magic so anything is possible hurr durr"

Actually she had a special kind of protection called the plot armor.

It is all a matter of perspective, lol.

1 Like
2 Likes

Too bad Littlefinger made a deal with Cersei to be warden of the north after Stannis and Boltons are defeated and Winterfell is taken. I guess he'll either marry Sansa now or betray them and become Warden of the North either way. I hate that guy.

damn..... the finale was EPIC. the music alone was worth the trip. MVP definitely goes to the toughest 10 year old in Westeros. Lady Lyanna Mormont!

6 Likes

Poor Margery. That was shocking.

1 Like