Game of Thrones Discussion Thread [Spoilers, probably]

Seriously, spoiler tags in this thread. Anyone who is not up to date and comes here is an idiot.

"Aria and the hound" could have been a spin off show, i loved it

2 Likes

He's the reason everything has happened.

Bran is on a par with Ollie in my book.

#HangBran

1 Like

Spoilers

Yeah, I'm assuming there was some "time-bleed" over since the original three-eyed raven had gone. Also I'm realising that the raven is the one who said follow me before going to Hodor's kid scene.

Yeah the entire thing is boggling my mind haha. That event took place in the past, so it had already happened before Bran had got to the door. But it didn't happen until Hodor was actually holding the door. Which came first? PARADOX!

I'm not sure how long this show has gotten. I am pretty sure Jamie Lannister will die in this season. There is a war coming and it will be bloody.

How is Bran going to survive now since his human wheelchair is gone?

Is anyone else bothered that the show is going no where? (I am posting this from my phone so I can't spell the names right) the Dragon Queen has not left Essos since season 1. I highly doubt she will.

How will Jon Snow claim Winterfell since he was never legitimized? Unless Stannis had it done behind his back and gave the letter to the Tarth knight as a last word or request.

1 Like

I think the show has gotten worse as the seasons went on. So much has been left out, and so many of the story arcs have been hodgepodged together so they don't have to hire new actors. This takes away the complexity and changes soooo much in the characters motivations and dealings. Its now showing way more than ever, I loved the books and the show for a time... now it just makes me sad

1 Like

Hodor was certainly a paradox, but given the context of the show I don't mind. At least we know where Hodors name came from now :)

I won't ever read the books, not into fantasy books really. Surely people understand by now that TV shows NEVER go word by word inline with the book, if at all? dunno why people get upset.

It's not that they are not going word for word its that it's completely different, it's barley the same story for many of the characters at this point. Also, who said it was a Fantasy Book?

1 Like

If you have ever read any of the 1000 worlds books Gorge RR Martin wrote, you will see he really does not believe in fate.

I think this scene from the show is a misinterpretation perhaps (have to wait and see). I am on Preston Jacobs side that the green dreams are false, made up by the 3 eye crow. I also think that the weirwood tree stuff is not time travel but rather them accessing a "hard drive" of everything that the weirwood trees "see" (think of them like magic CCTV and they are looking at the recording). The Crow says to Bran (in the book) "I have my own ghosts, Bran. A brother that I loved, a brother that I hated, a woman that I desired. Through the trees, I see them still, but no word of mine has ever reached them. The past remains the past. We can learn from it, but we cannot change it."

Now he could be lying, as people do, or he is not as strong as Bran (which could be true, it's why he called him there) but from what the Tv series has shown of greensight, fate is true. That I have a hard time believing but will have to see come the next book.

Also where is Weirwood paste of Jojen's sacrificed body Bran needed to up his abilities??

1 Like

2 Likes

Yeah, and I think you can really begin to see the deviation from grrm's writing in dialog and everything. It's awkward and dumbed down. Though I'll still keep watching.

1 Like

some good Q and A, really think out of all the different GoT lore guys and gals out there Preston is one of the better ones.

Next few episodes:
The Hound sheds some blood as revenge and then escapes death by hiding on a ship. He wakes in an unfamiliar place and while wandering he finds Arya in a bed healing from her wounds, being looked after by one shady fellow. The hound lets his hate fuel him to live and to destroy once again. Leaving Arya in a worse than sick state with a rotting corpse beside her. But he soon has second thoughts about leaving her alive. <- lol, just trolling. But would make for a good story.

I think we'll soon discover why the mad king was really yelling "burn them all" over and over again. Must be another time loop, probably meets up with the bastard son of the mad king and that's what triggers the events.

And next thing you know, we find a Delorean strapped to the back of a dragon with an old white haired doc yelling out the window saying, "88 miles per hour. NO! I said eighty-eight not eat a goat!!!" [shakes fist] ;P

1 Like

The wretched

For an assassin devoid of ego and personality that one girl sure harbored a lot of hatred and petty feelings.

3 Likes

I heard someone talking about her being a split personality of Arya. This would sort of exlpain what the faceless man said about he being ready... But seems unlikely.

damn!

Well, considering she physically manifested, that'd mean that Arya is a bit mental.

There was also a theory before the latest episode that Arya not dying to the abdominal stab wounds would be explained by her having some sort of an armor and a blood pack over it, thus fooling the girl into thinking she had killed her. That did not happen in this episode though.

I have a feeling there's gonna be a lot of fans trying to explain away the abysmal writing in the future as well.

I'll have to give them credit for the candle scene though, that was really good and reasonably clever.

You don't just die from abdominal stab wounds, you have to bleed out or become sick from infection. As long as you miss all the major arteries then you can survive with a wound like that for a day or more without help. It is probably the longest and most painful way to die. The assassin wanted her to suffer a long and painful death. But she did get help, she was sewn back together and you can clearly see her bleed when she pulls a stitch. I think it is fans lack of knowledge that has failed them into trying to write their own bad version of events...

Right, some field surgery from an actress in medieval conditions, a day's rest and some opiates to fix multiple stabs to the gut. After that, back to running around the city and dueling. Absolutely ridiculous.