Game Idea: Disk Builder

Occasionally I have a game design idea. I like this one.

So imagine a game similar to game dev tycoon, but for the computer industry in total. Start in 1972 with the calculator wars. You could go earlier but this is where shit gets interesting for me. Now, GDT similar, BUT much much more in depth. As in, choose a lisence, choose your hardware, choose your starting country (so like you could have a fuck pile of 68K-like chips but if you start in the US where X86 and PPC and just SO MUCH archs existed that it would be a shit show and you'd have a really tough time, but if you start in japan where 68K-likes were rampant you have a better chance), choose designs.... Basically I'm thinking about a 4X sort of deal but economy focused rather than blowing shit up.

That sounds really cool to me.

1 Like

Sooooo basically software Inc in the hardware world?

https://www.google.bg/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://store.steampowered.com/app/362620/Software_Inc/&ved=0ahUKEwjtl8GS6JTVAhXHKVAKHfAOBUoQFggbMAA&usg=AFQjCNFGw6W5rM7LhND9edr1eCeuxlcJvA

1 Like

I'm thinking of like Hearts of Iron 4 style gameplay, or stellaris, with city management for like brand deals and sales venues. GDT was the wrong thing but it was the only real bridge that I could think of.....

Oh God, I'm out... 4X is not for me...

1 Like

LOL I thought the same then I got super into Hearts of Iron the last few days. I thought it was too hard. Not really, actually. It just needs to be an interesting subject.

Thanks for the suggestion, I think I'll check that one out.

It's not about being hard. I just don't like complex games.
Here's the deal. This one must be extremely complex.
What if should be the main question and it should be soooo complex... What if you pay software devs to optimize for more cores, cause you are amd - more weaker cores.
What if you pay software devs to not use l3 cache, cause you are amd and have Athlone 2 series, that have no l3?
What if you make multi-cpu systems better choice for the mainstream?

I mean you're starting in 72 and you're a hardware company that would be a long ass game.