Galaxy Tab E 9.6 - Any Good?

Family member wants to pull the trigger on the Galaxy Tab E 9.6. It's on sale for $200. He's been using the rather whoopty-ass Blackberry Playbook for a few years now. And the software has gotten to him. Apps such as Youtube and email don't even really work. As if they were programmed in a sweatshop on the fly.

The specs seem alright. For a tablet, I suppose. I really could care less about anything mobile, but my father wants a better Tablet. It caught his attention because of the sale price. Personally, I couldn't even give him an opinion, as I know nothing. Mobile is all marked up garbage from what I know.

My kids have this tablet in the 8 gb model and 16 gb model they work great for Web browsering email skype discord youtube haven't had any problems with updating the software to lollipop.I think it is 6.1 version. Everything works fine a year later after a couple if drops. My only gripe is getting a solid case but viewing screen size is pretty decent The response is fine Mind you my kids don't play games per say a little here and there. Netflix is played mostly on them. Hope this helps

1 Like

My parents have the 8.0 version but I believe the specs are the same. Also I own the Galaxy Tab A 10.1 with S Pen which depending where you look you can find for around $250 to $279

The tablet is fine for the money, The only pain the ass is bloatware, and lack of real updates. Chances are you are NOT going to get a Nougat update.

1 Like