GA-Z77P-D3 - not sure if it's dead or not

Hi. I’ve recently come into possession of an Intel board with a 3770 and 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3.
My problem is that even breadboarding with just the board, ram and psu connected I can’t get visual. I’ve got visual twice where the board beeped once and I got a Gigabyte loading border.
GA-Z77P-D3_startup
This only happened by surprise with one ram stick inserted, once in the second ram slot, then in the forth (furthest from the cpu). I’m not sure if it was the same stick as they’re all the same (I should of numbered them in hindsight).

I’ve tried every stick, seperately, in every slot and even tried different psus. Also tried with HDMI onboard gfx and a card. All I get is a long beep and then 3 short beeps which means ‘Conventional / Extended memory error’ according to an online manual. Without any ram I just get continuous beeps. I did try a stick MT8JTF25664AZ-1G6K1 (2GB PC2-12800U-11-11-A1) but again just get continuous beeps.

I’m initially thinking the board is dead but the fact I got visual a few times make me think otherwise. I’m going to try the memory and cpu on another board and see if they work at least.

Finally got visuals on this board. I’d been trying to reset the bios by taking the battery out for a few minutes and putting a jumper on the pins but still had the same issue, tried different ones too. Tried it by touching both pins with a screw driver (flat ended) and it worked :scream_cat:. Reset the bios, loaded optimised defaults and I’m able to access the BIOS. Just going through testing all the memory now. :grinning: