G15 Upgrade

i'm in love with my G15 keyboard but it is slowly on its way out the door... i am thinking of going to a mechanical but i have no idea what key would be comparable to what i have now. i also love the read out screen that comes w/ on the G15 for core temp, CPU usage and such... looking for some pointers and if there is a way to go mechanical and still keep the readout... Ideas?

I've yet to find anything that has tempted me to move on from my gen 1 G15, mechanical or otherwise.  The LCD is surprisingly useful, I've grown to rely on it for system readouts.  I've yet to find a decent mechanical keyboard that has a similar feature set.  The Mad Catz STRIKE 7 is about the only thing I've come across that came close in one package, but build quality and reliability is apparently terrible.  So yeah.

The only other thing I've come up with is to just get a standard mechanical and then a small usb LCD to run rainmeter or something on, or scavenge an old G15 and rip out the lcd/control boards etc and continue to use the software I am now.  Sounds like a pain in the ass though lol. 

So, sorry.  I've got nothing for ya unless you can just trade some of the functionality of your G15 for the benefits of going mechanical.  Of course, if you're willing to stick with rubber dome, there's always something like the G19 or G510 etc.

scavenge an old G15 and rip out the lcd/control boards etc and continue to use the software I am now.

if only i knew electronics... 

My thoughts exactly. Thankfully if my gen 1 G15 ever dies i have two replacement ones.