G-Sync Compatible Korean ( & Pixio) Monitors Testing

Reserved. :smiley:

1 Like

@wendell doesn’t the wasabi mango 120hz also have adaptive sync over displat port? whats its range supposed to be then? tried to look it up online last week but could not find :frowning:

1 Like

What about the AMH panels? I have an a399U and would love to figure out how to use CRU to enable freesync. I’ve gotten incredible value from this thing for what I paid, all thanks to teksyndicate/level1techs. Even if enabling adaptive sync isn’t possible, it’s lovely to see this bunch talking about Korean monitors again.

I have a HP Pavilion Gaming 32 HDR monitor. Freesync range in theory is 48-75, but there are stutters below 55 FPS in the pendulum demo. In games it is OK nearly to that 48, but it is very noticeable when you go out of FS range.
Also I have this weird problem with HDR. There are so many clever people here, maybe anybody can help?

Anyone have any idea on how to get this working on the Dell AW2518HF ?

Has it been turned on in the monitors built in menus? I cannot find a full list of all option or where they are in the menus so take a look through everything looking out for both Freesync and Adaptive Sync names as options.

I did have a good look around and could not find the option in the manual online but it was not easy to search through. Dell also said to set the refresh rate under Windows Display Settings menu to “between 48 and 240hz” while showing 120 on their screenshots, so set it to 240? I don’t see why setting windows to less would help, as that would limit you to less than the maximum, but if it still does not work give 120hz a shot too in case they have something especially odd going on.

You also need to enable Freesync in the nVidia control panel

And one last thing, nVidia do not support Freesync over HDMI so if you are not using DisplayPort you will not be able to get it working.

Sorry for the edits: What graphics card are you using?

Tried G-Sync Compatible with my Nixeus NX-EDG27S and “it just works”.
BUT after a restart my PC actually froze. I tried some things to test what it was, like unplugging the monitor at startup and pluggin it back in when the system was fully booted up etc… So I couldn’t even disable it because everytime the monitor was plugged in the entire PC froze up. I had to uninstall the driver in Safemode and install an older driver to get my PC to boot up again. Haven’t tried G-Sync Compatible since.
The range is 30-144 and there is stutter when in the lowest part of that range, I would say it starts at around ~34. Everything above worked great.

Oh yeah it was tested with a 1080Ti.
The nice thing is with that monitor you don’t need to enabeld anything in the monitor itself, no fiddling in the menus :slight_smile:

@wendell can you tell us where you got the Crossover 554K? I could not find one to import in Canada.

eBay, a while back.

Sadly allot of the freesync korean monitors don’t exist anymore. My 40" Qnix no longer exists it seems, I think these koreans do small batches or the panels themselves are limited supply thing.

Currently waiting for them to get GOOD 4k 120hz HDR screens going with 800-1000 nits contrast. Could be a while, the whole 4k tech thing has been moving at molasses speed lately!

Likely because GPU tech has been moving at molasses also, currently to get good 4k performance you need to splash down some SERIOUS money, was hoping we see mid range cards do 4k@60fps by now… not a chance!

MSI reference GTX 1070 with HP OMEN 32 over Displayport.
I enabled Freesync in the monitor first, then in the Nvidia control panel. If your monitor is compatible with G-sync, the Nvidia logo will appear on the monitor in the control panel.

1 Like

Sorry that was intended for the other poster. Just in case it was a 900 series or something.

Great to hear that the Pixio PX276 and PX277 both work—too bad nobody sells the 277 anymore :cry: I need my IPS

It looks like one 277 has been sold in the history of ebay so I’ll probably give in and get the TN version. At least it’s cheaper, I guess…

One of two questions… The CRU in the nvidia driver? if so doesnt it have a count down to return if dialog box is not accepted? if its not the driver then can a macro be set to undo?

I look forward to the video!

1 Like

No, CRU is a separate tool.

https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU

1 Like

For future reference you should put some text on screen with the name/model number and range you found with it.

ASUS MG279 here. Does not play nicely with gsync whatsoever.
Blanks out if I set it too 100Hz or higher in the control panel.
Any game that asks 80-90% of my CPU means that I get insane stuttering. (Maybe the gsync program bit can’t get enough CPU cycles to do its work?)
And it completely crashes in many games where maintaining 60+FPS is not possible on my rig. (ie BF5, Insurgency Sandstorm).

Imma keep it on its 144Hz config, I get very little tearing on it anyways.

Hey @wendell, wanted to pop in here and say I’m having issues with the Pixio 347c also. Mine was actually caused by the monitor ID never being assigned to the monitor (it was like C4@@@@@ in CRU). But even after correcting it and changing a bunch of settings, I get the strobe problem like Nvidia’s press conference if I force enabled it, and go over 50fps. (1-2 seconds of black screen than Image, and repeat).

I could record this behavior if you want.

I’m also trying to get my setup working, but not having great results with myGTX 1070ti and a Samsung CF791.

Connected through DisplayPort and set to 100Hz, the control panel lets me enable G-Sync but when I try the pendulum demo the screen looses signal until I hit Esc to quit the demo. Anyone managed to get it working with the CF791?

It doesn’t matter if I set FreeSync in the OSD to Standard Engine or Ultimate Engine.

I upgraded recently to the 1070Ti from an R9 Fury, but the smoother experience on the R9 Fury was much better than the 1070ti.

I have two Pixio New PX277s connected to the same RTX 2070 and have experienced some rare flickering issues. Half the screen likes to flicker to a lighter color or slight pink, especially on the secondary monitor when I enter/exit a game. It’s quite a rare occurrence so far, but if it happens again I’ll try and get a video of it.

I suspect it’s more to do with having multiple displays, but the issue hasn’t come up often enough for me to pinpoint exactly why.