FX series CPU's still worth buying?

hmm can be tricky, depends a bit on the mounting clip kit, you have included with it.

well the 775 and the am2,
it also states that it is not compatible with LGA1366

yeah but the specs say with the right clip, its compatible with socket 1155.
But still 1150 is not mentioned.

i don't have the plus version, i have this one
http://www.quietpc.com/zm-wb5

A cooler compatible with with one 115x socket will work on them all.

yeah but, that was according to the plus version.

Nope. That will not work i am afraid.

I can vouch what MisteryAngel is saying. I used to have a q8200 and 7750 when I upgraded to the amd fx 6300 there wasn't much improvement just for gaming only. I got a decent fps boost but the amount of money that i spend on that amd fx 6300 wasn't that great. then a year later then i changed back to intel and grabbed the xeon 1231v3 and a h81 mobo and lets just say that it spanks the fx6300 out of the park when it comes to gaming and video converting i sometimes upload a video to youtube and my internet sucks also that i needed to upgrade to an intel because the performance that i needed from the fx6300 was not cutting it. yes i even oced it to 4.6. but if you just only play games and no video stuff its ok for like a year or two from now but intel would be a slightly more viable option. I'm kinda regretting grabbing the xeon because its extremely overkill for me since i only use it for playing games and the occasional converting and rendering.

alright,
i guess i wait till amd release's something or til i have many money

They now are way less viable. A couple of years ago you could pick up an FX-8320 for just a bit more than an i3.

Currently the situation for the midrange CPUs is FX-6300 > i3-4150 > FX-6350 >> FX-8320, and it's usually better to get an i3 instead of AMD. I'd say the only reason to get an FX CPU is if you only care about multi-threaded performance and you are on a tight budget.

Since your machine is still kicking along fine other than being old. I would wait and see what comes out from AMD in the middle of this year.

Think of it this way...If you keep saving until the new products come out you will be able to buy much more than if you upgraded now anyway.

my 2 cents

Fx-6300 and mobo is $150-200. It runs 4.4ghz smooth and will not bottleneck a graphics card at midlevel gaming. It's still a viable option.