Fx 6300 which motherboard?

Which motherboard is better? I'll be putting an fx6300 cpu in it.

ASRock 970 EXTREME3 ATX AM3/AM3+ DDR3 CrossFireX 2PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2PCI SATA3 USB3.0 Motherboard 

or

asus m5a97 le r2.o am3+ amd 970 sata 6gb/s usb 3.0 atx amd motherboard with uefi bios.

I have used them both and had luck with both. In my opinion, either one is good. I would bet that most people will recommend the ASUS. I have heard people having problems with ASRock, although I have never had a bad ASRock board.

Asus M5A97 LE R2.0  has one big problem, there is no heatsink on the vrm´s and such, so they will run hot. i would say go for the Asus M5A97 R2.0 CF on 970 chipset is no brainer, cause its lack of pci-e lanes.

I just asked this in another thread, but it's about this specific issue. When I put together a build with this combo (fx-6300 and the m5a97), I get an incompatibility warning (Some AMD 970 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Vishera CPUs).

Will I have to do a bios update before it will work with the fx-6300 chip? Can I do that w/o the chip? I don't have an old amd around.

Here's the build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2GpJH

Let me clear this up for you, By Asus  R2.0 revision 2.0 means that the board supports the FX 2.0 vishera out of the box.

So with an Asus R2.0 board all vishera FX-x3xx chips are supported out of the box, no bios update needed.

Grtz Angel ☺

Since I am unsure of what feature-set you find more ideal I'm going to recommend purely from a consumer standpoint going ASRock. I've dealt with both company's customer support, and ASRock's is far better. ASUS's support while not as bad as I've read, was for me something I had to brute force to get solid answers and responses from. And by 'brute force' I mean I had to use knowing how customer support works having worked for Apple iOS phone support to get anything out of ASUS support.

OP if you are going to overclock look at getting a 990FX board from Gigabyte.

Shoot for the ASRock 970M and up the CPU to an 8320e

Let's try to keep suggestions within those specified by the OP. If they wanted to consider something else, they would've asked.

If I may come in with a third option - Gigabyte 970A-UD3P...
Feature complete, having more than both default choices. Having front USB3 is really nice. So far I don't know many people that have any serious complaints with it.