Future of batteries

I did some research on betavoltaic batteries using elements that produces more energy yields for drones and planes. Interesting research I’d say. With today’s manufacture companies producing electric cars, laptops, medical devices with somewhat large capacity batteries since the early 2000s. How long before we have batteries with a larger energy capacity to make objects that we use on a regular bases operate without charging or the use of fuel?

There’s been a lot of “breakthrough” research in battery land the past five years. Yet to see anything come to market, patiently waiting.
This one is rather interesting.

Just dropping this here

The second half in particular goes into details of the physical limits of batteries.

If the battery industry kicks in gear like the processor industry did it won’t take long. Probably 10 years from when they decide to innovate. There was a guy who died in like 2010 or 2011 that was designing a lot of cool battery stuff who was considered the modern god of electricity outside of the US but here he was just laughed at which really pisses me off. He figured out a way to create roof paneling that was a rubber-like substance that would transfer electricity to other panels just by contact, then transfer all that energy to a house or building of some sort. He even made it affordable by making a good manufacturing process for it. Shame he died before he could put a patent on it officially and sell it to a company to make residuals off of it.

He also had some battery designs using carbon but I’m not sure if that ever went anywhere. I wish it did though.

1 Like

sounds like another tesla story in my mind. and a few others who have been scoffed at and wound up dead before they could prove it.

Well it had been proven to work he just had to patent it before he could sell it. I think theres some places manufacturing it, but only in preliminary testing.