Fun Project Idea: Personal Disney Saturday 1 / Cartoon Network / Nickelodian in-house broadcast station

If you really want to do it right, you’ve got to get an old CRT TV as your display. I’ve seen several tutorials for hacking in a chrome cast device directly inside an old CRT, though doing so can be risky due to the high voltages inside. The end results do look nice though.

Alright I did a little research into that PseudoTV thing and it could totally work if I had my raspi or something like that host the TV and another machine stream to it with multiple streams but I’m not going to throw 7000 dollar PC’s around for something this stupid and simple. So, I’ll start with the VLC idea and move up from there I think.

1 Like

As far as I can tell this doesn’t require an external stream, you can set it up in kodi and it will create channels from the kodi library. I haven’t played around with it much but it seems to support the things you’re after like commercials and all that

Interesting. Well maybe it is what I needed after all then. I haven’t gotten an account email from them yet though…

You can install it with the kodi repository from this thread

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=244889

1 Like

Does this have shuffle? Because television schedules are highly regimented, and who wants to take the time to create a schedule?

I mean… me.

If you just install it and run it it generates a bunch of channels based on genres and creates the schedule from a random playlist, but there are options that would let you set it up however you wanted. I haven’t really played around with it much.

1 Like