Frustration Post

It was W7-ult upgraded from shista turned windows 10 on its own. No key. Lol.

1 Like

If there’s any good thread left on the back side of the threads you can use a thread chase from that side. Most of the time when people cross thread something they get about half way in before realizing they fucked something up. Unless the person who assembled it was the Chinese Hulk there should be some good threads on the back side you can use as an entry point for your thread chase. If that doesn’t fix it I hope your purchase was an Amazon Prime one.

Buddy don’t say dumb shit like that on the forums. Last thing we want is the MPAA, RIAA or any one of the hundreds of enforcers for the American gestapo to come after these forums. By that I mean talking about pirated copies of Windows

It was amazon prime. I don’t think I can access the threads from the rear of the hole. I’ll take another look, though.

When you do the thread chase thing only go about a quarter turn at a time. Try to use white lithium grease too so it doesn’t bind up on the metal shavings. After every 1/2 or full turn back the thread chase all the way out and inspect for metal shavings and clean them out with compressed air. She ought be good as new in no time.

I have to say, man. There’s only like 4-6 threads within the thickness of that part of the case wall. But I’ll see if home depot has anything today, after work. Don’t even know the bloody size of the screws, man.

Also kinda seems like unnecessary work given how they’ve already shipped me a new one. But, eh.

Hey, how would I start my PC without a power button? (as in a test bench/no case setup)?

You can bridge the two pins for the power button on the motherboard with a metal screwdriver to start the PC.

3 Likes

Go in your mobo manual and find which two pins go to the power button, then use something metal like a screwdriver to bridge the two pins.

3 Likes

That is over the line sir.

I’m a car guy, too. So I can tell you know how strongly I felt in the moment.

Also. It depends on the car. Something universally nice? Naw. Stock Prius or some shit? Fuck 'em.

Whats wrong with the prius?

It’s the standard response, lol. The Prius is the most ‘hated’ car in the car community and on the internet. Achieving meme status means that it’s the default reply to something like this.

IMO, I’ve seen some clean Prius’ (Pri-ii?) and don’t think there’s anything inherently wrong with the car, itself. The drivers on the other hand…

There are shitty drives in all car groups, honestly I haven’t seen that many shitty prius drives are they are usually in the slow lane.

man I wanna see you post when you win your first silicon lottery lol

try spending couple hundred bucks on a GPU or CPU at a legit retailer and having it be DOA and go through the return process

this ain’t shit but a cardboard box and a x-acto knife

I think the Volvo drivers are taking a chance to have a break :slight_smile:

As the others have said. Just short the correct pins on the case head pins.

It is best practice to build a system outside the case to test it works :slight_smile: There is nothing worse than building a system, cable managing the fuck out of it and it does not power on.

Did I do something wrong ?
Is something faulty ?
Etc

Building it on the motherboard box and CPU,MB, RAM , GPU, PSU test it gets to bios. Things work :slight_smile: Before you put in the time to build it right.

helicoil it

just get the proper sized tap and t handle.
then you will have them on hand if you ever need them again

sending a case back for a cross threaded screw is silly when you can repair it easily.
now getting a dead mobo or processor yes return them for replacement.