Frustration Post

God I hate when shit goes wrong… You wanna know when it’s the worst? When there is a multiple YEAR build up to the moment. And then you get fucked.

I FINALLY saved enough money, compiled a parts list, and ordered it all online. Funny enough, shipping estimates were off in my favor and all my stuff arrived a day early. ((hurray for rush shipping!))

Guess my good fortune was offset by THE FUCKING CASE HAVING A CROSSTHREADED PANEL SCREW!!

FUCK you, whoever assembled this thing. Sincerely. Fuck you all the way with a flaming acidic cactus on a stick covered in feces!

Now I have to wait until FRIDAY, fucking FRIDAY to build my rig you goddamn asshole. I hope you’re satisfied with yourself. I hope your spouse cheats on you and has a baby with another person while your house burns down and your car gets vandalized.

Prick.

/rant

1 Like

Why dont you just build it and run it on top of the mobo box? You dont need to run it inside a case

1 Like

Seems silly to me. Like I’m just begging for shit to happen. I might, though. At least to get it set up and everything downloaded. Then chuck it in the case and cable manage on Friday.

It’s gonna look ghetto AF like that, though, hahaha.

Why not just repair the thread? It will take literally 5 seconds.
If you dont know how or what tools you need PM me - am mechanic

3 Likes

Time for shoebox rig

3 Likes

@anon57598049

Show him your milk crate rig

4 Likes

blam delivered

10 Likes

Yikes. Lol.

My components are brand new, though. And a might bit nicer than those…

its just old pc parts and offline test bed i could make it look better but its not worth the time lmao

Can confirm success, done this several times with new builds.

5 Likes

A lot of people build outside the case to make sure everything is good prior to putting it in its finals location. Only time its not advisable is custom loop

2 Likes

Thats a lot for a panel screw bro.

3 Likes

I mean your paying for something that comes fucked up, if you can get a new one why not?

(I dont think my cases survive more then like 2 builds tops, PSU and storage is usually all that makes the trip)

I’d just grab a shorter, thicker screw and force a thread :T

You gotta at least lube it up before you force it in

The screw is captured in the panel and the thread on the case is what’s ‘screwed’. Believe me, I tried forcing it. It’s a no go. Amazon has already set up shipment of the replacement. I’ll keep this one as parts for the next one in CASE it’s messed up as well.

I might do the mobo box build, but IDK. Worried my cat my ‘investigate’ it. Though she hardly investigates anything… My next concern would be her barfing on it… She usually barfs on the floor somewhere…

IDK, guess I’m procrastinating now. I’m really just a bit depressed that it happened this way. And out of time as far as today goes. I’ve got work tomorrow and still have to eat. My current PC will let me watch shit on youtube for tonight, at least.

Plus I still have to setup a windows ISO download and find a 100% reliable resource for a product key that isn’t exorbitantly expensive. I had my PC wig out a few days ago saying it wasn’t activated, and that watermark drove my OCD insane. Does that shit show up on everything? Like, in games, too? Movies?

Was that windows legit?

Cause MS had a fuck up recently and legit copies of Windows were deactivated

You can activate it again. So don’t go out and buy another windows lisence

1 Like

Stop being a baby and use a thread chase. 99% Of the time you can fix the threads. Unless the threads are extremely coarse and deep like a wood screw. But if its a machine screw, very fine grain, its an EZ fix.

Can’t get the screw out? Use an EZOut. Usually in the same isle as the thread taps/chases. Is there nobody in your life with fabrication experience?

i did this with the loop too i can attest don’t

Not anymore, no. The screw will come out fine, the threads on the case are just jacked to hell.