Friends computer won't boot

I am helping my friends build a new system. We got it all together and it will not power on at all. 

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 740 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($74.99 @ Newegg)

CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS7000V(AL)-1-PWM CPU Cooler ($12.99 @ TigerDirect)

Motherboard: MSI A88XM-E35 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($67.99 @ Amazon)

Memory: Kingston Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($89.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Silverstone ML03B HTPC Case ($66.98 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($52.98 @ Newegg)

Optical Drive: LG UH12NS30 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($47.27 @ TigerDirect)

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 Wi-Fi Adapter ($8.99 @ Newegg)

Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($32.98 @ Newegg)

Other: XFX R7-250A-ZLF4 Radeon R7 250 ($105.38)

I've made sure she had the front panel connections are on correctly, all the power leads are in correctly and plugged into the wall properly. Any possible flukes so far?

Rocker switch on PSU? Start with the most obvious haha >.<

Tried that the first time

Power supply recently verified as good? If no you can completley disconnect all outputs from everything and paperclip pins 15 & 16 and see if it's fan starts.

Going to try that tomorrow.

Check all internal connections.

Did you do a test run outside the case?

Tryed that already. 3 times at that. We did the test outside the case and it did happen to boot up.

In theory: The motherboard she has only has 6 screw holes with the metal rim. I'm thinking some of the standoffs might be in the wrong position by the RAM area. The screw holes on the front part of the motherboard don't have the Metal Rim in place. So, in theory due to that. The stand offs that are there are making direct contact with the PCB and causing the system to short out thus making impossible to turn on. I'm going to have her take the motherboard out and move a couple of the stand offs to see what will happen next

I/O panel installed correctly? None of the spacers bent into a port or something?

The I/O shield plate was installed correctly. What do you mean by spacers?

The little prongs surrounding the ports on the shield. I've seen one jammed into a HDMI port before. No idea what they are actually called to be honest haha. Maybe it's time to sleep!