Friend bought Speakers from a shady guy, anyone know the brand?

Calling any audiophiles here, Does anyone know if these speakers are from a good brand or is it a scam? My friend recently bought some shady speakers from a guy in a parking lot near his workplace, he was asking $2000 for them (price on the box) and my friend said how about $50, the guy sold it to him for that and I asked my friend to test them as I was interested by the story of how he acquired it, I know of a lot of white van scams but I’m going to test them anyways and hopefully they’re not bad. everything inside is still wrapped like new…or its a good repackaging.

I’m at work and have no way to hear audio. Looking for something written so I can at least know what the scam is…lol

1 Like
1 Like

Jinx!

2 Likes

well the fact he was asking for this at a high price in the back of his Jeep Cherokee and then he brings the price down by 97%, does seem odd :thinking: I should ask my friend the next time he sees him to get his licence plate and report him :stuck_out_tongue:

Hauss is not on the list of known scam products in that article but the scam seems likely. There has to be something fun you can do with them though…hmmm…

SCAM !!!

They use different names btw.

Toook a quick look on duckduckgo for Hauss speakers and it apperas to have all the hallmarks of a Whitevan Scam. It did appear on a list of d0o not get. check for cement in the speakers to add weight and make it seems better quality than it is.

Thats said for 50 if it is good then have at.

opened up one of the speakers and its got two granite chunks to weigh it down, and the cables going to the speakers are connected to the cone like dafuq XD

:deer: :god:

6 Likes

its the audiophiles preferred stone

5 Likes

Makes it better for listening to rock as opposed to metal.

9 Likes

When you get the right stone for the right sound :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Final Update, Subwoofer has the same borked speakers with the connection on the cone and extra wood to give it weight. Also it smelled like an olive bar at a grocery store for some reason… blehh

The connector hub looked like a patch job I’d do in a rush back in Electromechanical engineering if the project was due in 15 min lol

in short well try to catch this guy and report him, but it was funny seeing this “quality craftsmanship”

2 Likes

Sweet got yourself some nice granite coasters and some fun hobby electronics speakers to play with.

3 Likes

coasters for a shot glass lol, theyre so small its amazing XD
also I may have to bust out the arduino kit and make some musical machine out of it all…
Ohh wait nm the wires literally jammed through the cones so I doubt they make much noise :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes