Freezing PC Issues!

So I built a gaming PC and recently it's been completely freezing. Only when gaming does this happen and it doesn't loop audio. Just the last frame from the game freezes and I can't do anything. I have to hard reset and up until the game freezes I have zero performance issues. Sometimes it freezes and I still have audio and the game starts working again. But the rest if the time the games run like butter. I know there are a hundred threads on this but none of them have helped. At first I thought it was my psu so I bought a new quality one. Didn't fix it. I bought a new ssd and used Samsung's software to move everything over to it. That didn't fix it. I borrowed a couple sticks of a friend's ram and checked the ram configuration. That didn't fix it. I tested my 660 in another friend's pc with no issues at all. The only things left are my cpu and motherboard. I have all of the latest drivers. I've run every cleaning program I can find for drivers and everything else. It only happens when gaming and it only started happening a lot these past few weeks. I just don't want to spend weeks getting a new mobo or another $200 on a GPU if that's not the issue. My temps are fine, never above average and temperature doesn't correlate to the issue. I could be running my GPU at 50C and CPU at 36C and it'll freeze up. I don't OC and I recently updated my Mobo's BIOS. Any ideas? Should I try reinstalling Windows?

My Specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1

Mobo: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0

BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/11/13 15:40:22 Ver: 04.06.05

Processor: AMD FX6300 @~3.5Ghz

Ram: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PNY 1600 (not sure exact model number)

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB

GPU Driver Version: 9.18.13.2049

PSU: Solid Gear Neutron SDGR-650E

Speakers/Headset: Plantronics GameCom 780

Mouse: CM Xornet gaming mouse

Keyboard: Logitec K120

HDD: Samsung SSD 840 Series (250GB, has OS & All games installed on it) & 250GB Seagate Barracuda (used to record videos onto)

External HDD: 1TB Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex USB

I understand that's more than you probably need but I just figured I'd be thorough in case one of the above has some weird random issue that might be causing my problem. Anyways thanks in advance for any help!

**EDIT**

Upon posting this I downloaded CPU-Z and as I was installing the driver stuff that is listed in the "tools" section of CPUZ I tabbed over to my browser and it just froze like it usually does.

There are a ton of things that could be wrong, have you tried to system restore to a point before you had issues? Sometimes you get lucky. Other then that you can clear your cmos, make a clean install of windows, try out disabling stuff in the bios or get a voodoo priest. In the end you can just use amazons return policy to try out a new mobo and try to get a warrenty replacement if that works.

I had a same kind of problem, try going to msconfig ----> boot ----> Advanced options ----> and uncheck debug.
Hope it helps! 

I did try clearing my cmos, but I didn't even think of a restore point. I'm going to try disabling some unneeded stuff in my bios and I just went to msconfig but debug is already unchecked =/. Do you mean check it? But I got my mobo open box from Newegg bc it still had good ratings, would they still return it? Next step is a system restore and if that doesn't work, reinstall here I come :/.

in my opinnion its the motherboard. its not realy a great board, because there is no heat sink on the vrm´s and chokes. so they  get probably extremely hot. wenn the cpu get a ton of workload. could cause voltage throttle. and that results in a unstable system. i would recommend buying a new mobo. but before that  check some bios settings. go to ai tweaker in the advance section of the bios and go to cpu core voltage, that setting is probably in offset mode, change it to manual. and leave everything on auto. go back and go to advanced settings cpu configuration, and disable cool n quiet. most likley that cpu voltage drops caust this problem.

i would personaly return this mobo, and buy a  Asus M5A97 R2.0 this is a much better board.

grtz Angel ☺

No, I meant uncheck it, sorry I couldn't help.