FreeNAS 9.10 to 11.1 Upgrade Fails

I have a FreeNAS Mini XL that I tried to upgrade from current 9.10 to current 11.1 and it fails with the following screen:

Going back to 9.10 works fine so I’ve been putting off dealing with it. I only want to see if anyone here is familiar with this crash before I go over the FreeNAS forums/redmine, just because, you know… I like you guys more.

Kind of irritated about this tbh. The entire reason I bought a preconfig system from iXsystems was for the assurance that the hardware would be thoroughly tested and things like this wouldn’t happen.

Did you contact Freenas pretty sure those came with some warranty could be wrong. Sorry I dont know enough to suggest anything beyond this, never ran into upgrade issues on my boxes.

Guessing you are on the latest 9.10 and moving to the latest 11.1 version?

yeah

Yeah, I’ll reach out to them. I just wanted to see if anyone here already had the issue and knew the solution off hand.

1 Like

Any luck with this?

I haven’t made an attempt yet. Do you have the same issue?

No but i have a system deployed. that i’m worried about upgrading now. its just failing to upgrade and not actually changing anything correct? what if you saved the config and loaded it onto a fresh install of the latest?

1 Like

I haven’t tried anything. I’ll take it to the freenas forum and see if they’ve got anything.

1 Like

Let us know

1 Like