Freedom respecting hardware (New feature suggestion)

Salutations,
Who else has had it with privacy invading hardware and software? Who is sick of being recorded in their own home by their own devices from various cameras, microphones, sensors, IoTs and backdoors?
Who is tired of non-free software, spyware, malware, adware, bloatware, trackware and fu*king javascript? Well I don't know about you guys, but I certainly am.

Recently I have started transitioning to Freedom respecting hardware and software, but to my disappointment there isn't much of that available or evaluated yet.
There is a list of freedom respecting hardware at - http://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/endorsement/respects-your-freedom
But the list is way too small, not even enough to build a desktop PC.

I believe that we need a bigger list. We need more people investigating potentially safe hardware. Do you guys feel that you want this? Are there any kindred spirits in the community?
As an individual I cannot have much impact on this issue, but if there are more people interested in safe hardware this could be an interesting feature for @wendell and @ryan
to implement. Maybe as a new channel or even just a simple list. I would be willing to co-sponsor this if there is interest.

They (aka "the others", "3letters" etc.) use convenience to enslave us. In the long-term freedom can prevail, as long as our number grows then maybe we have a chance. If we simply give up then the fight is already lost.

Looking forward to your replies.
Cheers.

"Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say," - E.S.

7 Likes

Go for it! I'd love to have some (peer reviewed) source on what hardware to trust! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@sidju
Thank you for your support.