Free week of star citizen

The thing is despite pre-ordering the game the people that buy SC are getting Aloha access which I believe is a great thing. Gamers always complain about launches with buggy implementations of things such as the new Batman game (kinda unfortunate it didn't work). I believe pre-ordering is acceptable so long as you get to test the latest that the developers have come up with. If it's on Steam you get a refund which hurts the devs more anyway.

This... People moan about the cost of SC given its current state.... I've spent $50 all up so far (game package AC access) and played around 150hours...
So that's 33cents an hour so far...

Assuming the FPS module costs double what it cost for the AC module, and the fact that I'm FAR more interested in that aspect of the game (I can see myself hitting 200+ hours easily just on fps) the that's a total so far of $60 for 350 hours of entertainment...

That's 17cents per hour.... And the game won't even have reached official full release yet...

The ONLY games I have spent that much time on were Arma 2 ( 700hrs) and Skyrim (400hrs so far)...

So even if development drops off after the FPS module... And it only gets polished up, bug-fixed and released... Your still getting a decent game, at a reasonable price.... That runs better on most systems than the new batman game lol (sorry... I had to).

2 Likes

Can you play with keyboard/mouse or controller?

Ive seen people shot for under $2000 like seriously not bull shitting I live in the hood. Just saying if I was crazy enough to spend $2000 on a damn ship and some one stole it I would break some ones face.

well, it happens in EvE quite regularly. none are psychopathic enough to give people death threats

both. also, you can use HOTAS, or joystick, or double joystick.

Meh... That's what the insurance is for... It'll only cost in-game money anyways... So you'd be an idiot not to have it...

1 Like

Still waiting for some nut-bar to attempt dual Orbweavers lmao

I'm sure it would be possible... Would be hell figuring out how you'd want to configure the keys though...

1 Like

Yea the guy that raised the fuss is mad he got banned because he's promoting his own game. Which is basically a clone.

1 Like

I dunno if i want to waste my time downloading and installing a game that will never likely ever be released.

1 Like

I can't believe I missed this.

DAMN

bro, it's in alpha, and progressing fairly well.

Had some fun in the flight sim. Interesting game.

1 Like

am I slow or can you only run around the hanger?

there's a console in the corner

Depends on the hanagr, they're in different spots.

You should be able to find a holotable (activate by pressing F on it) and that will allow you to equipt weapons/other components if you have them, Other wise find the sim pod (white round thing in hangar) you can start arena commander, or go through the esc menu

You're misinformed.

It's like the wilderness in runescape,. You'll only lose your stuff If you're stupid enough to go out into unsafe areas after it's warned you of the consequences of hostile space.

Also in-game insurance will be cheap as poop as confirmed by devs, There will be however different teirs of it to cover different levels of hostile space if you want more protection.

ALL ships sold right now have a few starter months of this insurance, and the game (once live) will warn you when you're about to run out so you can get more)

I'm not sure where your fuss lies, Anything else I can clear up?

2 Likes

Anyone know when persistant universe will launch? That was the coolest thing I'd ever seen in a video game.

While the free week is over, the "Star Marine" update (FPS) is given a release date of August 10th. Nine more days!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14873-Star-Marine-Status-Update

I'm going to guess that it will probably be early summer when that launches - the planetside module I think is the next big one to be released (as far as I know, S42 won't be released until the game is out of beta?), and the PU module is said to still be in design stage. That will probably change once Star Marine is released but its alpha (or beta) release will still be a while off yet.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/project-status

1 Like

pu will probably come out in beta. or late, late alpha. hell, it's probably going to be the transition release from alpha to beta