FREE CUDA accelerated media encoder

here's a free (and legal) cuda accelerated media encoder

http://www.mediacoderhq.com/

it encoded the highest quality AAC from MP3 (20 files/53MB) in 192 seconds on my single core with a gt 240 you can check my specs in my profile

I am quite impressed with it

I think ATI users can benefit too not too sure, it says GPU/CUDA under encoder method

and it looks like mac and linux can have it too, it says "includes Most features" so maybe no GPGPU acceleration

I think ATI users can benefit too not too sure, it says GPU/CUDA under encoder method

and it looks like mac and linux can have it too, it says "includes Most features" so maybe no GPGPU acceleration

I used it before, came in fucking Chinese for some reason. It's good though.

Cool, next time, use the glamourous edit button so you don't have to repost again.

Shortened, thanks for the heads up too. Ill definantly look into it.

Hold up, this is the same site where I got the audio converting software from. Interesting

GigaBuster.exe said:

ATI users have a audio / video converter built into the drivers.... but there are also many openCL (ati's version of cuda) converters out there... nice post though :)

edit: anyone remember that old post from GR rtw, something about having a nividea card for phisx and an ati card for the graphics.... some software mod someone made..... does that work for CUDA as well???

no need, when another card is present (other than nvidia) it disables Physx, not cuda

OpenCL isn't exactly ATi's answer, it's an open standard. Nvidia also has the best driver support for that too. Heh

I tried to encode a .avi to .mp4 using this program, horrible quality lol, dunno what I did wrong >.> but it was fast.. ^^