Fountain Pens, Other Pens, Pencils, and Stationary

Thanks, it’s the first gold nib I’ve bought. Price has already gone up $7.50 since I ordered it.

Was going to look into a Lamy Studio with a gold nib, but the Studio with a steel nib is already $79 and change. Another $100 or so for a gold nib.

The 3776 I ordered isn’t exactly what I would have preferred (rhodium trim and a medium or soft fine nib), but it was too cheap to pass up.

Now the question is, Iroshizuku Shin Kai or Kyo-no-oto Aonibi?

Soon…

I like the lighter colour of that one better, Shin-kai is also a great everyday use ink.

I was leaning towards Aonibi too. Shin-kai is a workhorse, a very well performing ink, but Aonibi is a little more saturated and shades a little more. I also love watching it dry from royal blue to a dusky blue.

I recently got in on a Massdrop drop for 3 bottles of upper end ink. Some Iro Kon-Peki, Montblanc Lavender Purple, and Pelikan Edelstein Mandarin should be coming my way in the next century

I saw that drop, but I already have more ink than I know what to do with.

I probably have about 700ml of ink.

I’ve shamefully gone the collector route and have a 15ml bottle of every iroshizuku ink

Been playing with my new pens. Really loving them. Conklins seem to have decent flex on them which is pretty fantastic

a pen thread?
heres what i use for work

Bring on the fingerprint magnet

I’m fairly certain Kaweco nib units use the same threading as Bock nib units, so in theory a Bock titanium nib would be a direct drop-in piece.

A Fireblue Liliput with a titanium nib unit would be dope.

Good job on the packaging, Amazon.

This guy is on sale so I picked it up. Been really digging on bolt action pens.

1 Like

The supposed Blue-Black Platinum ink that came with the 3776 is pretty underwhelming. Doesn’t shade a whole lot and dries to a rather boring shade of blue.

Does anyone have a TWSBI ECO or ECO-T? I got an ECO-T. Its nice. Writes well. well built, i like the screw on top and the butter o-ring to keep it on the end when you’re writing with it.

I used to have an Eco (non-T). I really liked it, build was good and it is a good price IMO. The stock nib is stiffer than I liked, but I had another nib that fit.